Thread: Found a rod and reel - is it yours ??

Found a rod and reel - is it yours ??

Hi All,

Had a great day down at Jacobs well today with a mate,Esky full of flatty,throw back jews and an unstoppable.

Anyways,While we were scouting around Pimpama River mouth,Somehow i managed to notice a Rod and reel in 1.2 metres of water,100 metres inside the river,A quick net job and it was in the boat,Looks like its only been there a day or 2,its currently in fresh water,and im about to pull the case of and oil and clean it.While its not an overly expensive combo,it may be someones pride and joy,So if you can describe it to me via PM its your,Only prob is im at Caboolture.

Adam

Re: Found a rod and reel - is it yours ??

Good on you Adam for posting this up.

I pulled a Shimano Symetre out of the river one day, the rod was full of moss (catana).

But the Symetre was still working fine

Gave it away to a mate at the time.

Dan

Adam, I think it is mine, lost at the tip of Bribie last week, the current is pretty storng and I am pretty sure it would have been down by your neck of the woods by now

I think what you are doing is great even to the point of cleaning the reel, it certainly restores my faith in bulk of anglers.

I did lose a rod a couple of weeks ago but had no luck in trying to retrieve it, I used the small reef pick to try and jag it but no luck. I was helping the missus land a fish when mine went over the side so quick I didn't even have time to think. Fortunately it was a cheapie that I just couldn't let go, now I have an excuse to go shopping for a new rod and reel and line and hooks and swivels and anything else I think I lost.