Thread: Where to launch a kayak from in Lake Moogerah

Where to launch a kayak from in Lake Moogerah

Hi I was just scoping out Lake Moogerah using google map. I notice the only boat ramp is at the carvan park. Which do have to pay a fee to use??

However what caught my eye was a couple of places.

On Drady road theres a dirt track I assume leads to the dam. Is possible to get down there??

On Ski zone road theres a dirt track that leads down to the river. Is it possible to go down there??

As I'm going by paddle power It would greatly help if I reduce the distance. Since atm I don't have the kayak fitness to paddle 2-3 kms without breaking a serious sweat.

Cheers Brad.

Re: Where to launch a kayak from in Lake Moogerah

It has been quite a few years since I was there but the road you are talking about off of Ski Zone Rd is nothing more then a dirt track that leads to a dry gully and is all private property which is fenced off from memory. I might also mention that the ski zone crowd can get a bit narky about people coming onto their property as well. If you are planning on fishing the dead timber down that end of the dam then Drady Rd might be your best choice but I have never been down that way by car.
    You can drop the kayak in at the dam wall easy enough and paddle around to the gorge which is where we used to do a lot of our fishing back in the day, we used to get quite a few yellas and bass around Strikers Point and just into the gorge.

Hey there are 2 ramps there one for the campers and there's one for everyone else. There is no fee just a boom gate you just need to get the pin for it from the office. Cheers

Re: Where to launch a kayak from in Lake Moogerah

Thanks guys, I noticed on SEQ water website that there doing geo drilling at haig Park (next to wall). They said only the playground would be closed and the area around borers fenced/barricaded. Does anyone know if i can get a Kayak down to the bank?? I'm goin to call up SEQ water tmw regarding this. It would be great if anyone been there recently and knows how much is really blocked off.