Thread: red claw

red claw

any body been up summer set chasing red claw lately 4 i want to go up there
    cheers snap

Re: red claw

Yeah mate, they are still around but certainly not in the same numbers that you see in summer. An overnight soak is your best bet which will see you pull decent numbers. It is actually a good time to experiment a bit with new locations and depths etc to see what is out there. A late afternoon set and an early morning retrieve will guarantee your gear gets a good dip without the unfriendlies of the world getting their mitts on your catch!! From my 6 pots I am getting 200 or so overnight with the odd Blue Claw amongst the reds.

Quote Originally Posted by chaspion01 View Post
    Yeah mate, they are still around but certainly not in the same numbers that you see in summer. An overnight soak is your best bet which will see you pull decent numbers. It is actually a good time to experiment a bit with new locations and depths etc to see what is out there. A late afternoon set and an early morning retrieve will guarantee your gear gets a good dip without the unfriendlies of the world getting their mitts on your catch!! From my 6 pots I am getting 200 or so overnight with the odd Blue Claw amongst the reds.
    thanks for that was that in the last week or so
    cheers snap

Yeah mate, usually a fortnightly trip

thanks buddy
    cheers snap

thanks cheers snap

without dampening this thread,,, I need to ask for a future trip,,

is there any restrictions on Red/Blue Claw that has changed??

ChopJr is dying to catch a few of these
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

Choppa

No size or bag limit on Red Claw "outside" of their normal range. You can take females "outside" of their normal range with eggs. Somerset is way way outside of their normal range!
    A bag limit of 100 Blue Claw applies and you must release females with eggs. No age limit on fishers! Only 4 opera houses/traps per person.

Regards

Bruce