Thread: Cylinder Beach camping trip...

Thumbs up Cylinder Beach camping trip...

Hi all,

Just finished a bit of a write up of our (Wife and kids) first camping trip over to Cylinder Beach at North Straddie if anyone is interested.

Here's the link ... too lazy to write it all again

http://www.mogozobo.com/?p=1014

Hope it helps anyone thinking about making their first trip over there. Enjoy.....

cheers

-Mark

Re: Cylinder Beach camping trip...

I'm glad you had a great time on Straddy. Great conditions and pictures.

Thanks.
    Wags

Sounds like a great trip and from the photos the weather looks spectacular. Currently have cylinder on the list for a family camping trip in October - have two young girls. Was there any real issue there with sandflys etc.

Also as I understand it (although I could be wrong) all of the camping on straddie (other than flinders beach) is not dog friendly. Presumably cylinder isn't.

Cannot get better than family camping trips.

Cheers
    NMT

Spent a lot of time camping at straddie and I reckon you can't go past flinders but the whole place is great. Cheers
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Great write up mark, I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Informative, nice bit of humour, good pics. What a great looking family!

Thanks,
    Jim

Priceless is how I would describe that trip xerubus!
    Took me back to when both I and my family were young, for which I sincerely thank you!

Nice pics mate. Just realised you had a 2wd so Flinders wouldn't be any good to you. Cyl has the better swimming area. Cheers
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Thanks everyone for the feedback.... appreciate it! ozscott... can't wait to get a 4wd in the future and start exploring further.

Top write up. I live near Straddie and go there both for pleasure and work. Too many times for work lately though.

I have only camped at Flinders and that other camp ground at one end of Flinders with the shop on the corner. Cylinder looks good but I think I need to camp with the car and I believe that ground forces you to park elsewhere if I am right?

Top right up and beautiful pics. Nice fan too I have two girls under three and just waiting for the younger to start walking and we are going back.

Last few trips have been day trips which are great but a but dear when you add ferry and beach permits. So I have been spending a lot of time at Bribie while the wind is down.

How was the tailor?

Hi Yoot. You can park the cars opposite some of the sites, but parking is 'separate' for most sites. Take a look here for a bit of a map.. http://www.more2redlands.com.au/Site...achMap2008.pdf

Tailor was non-existent ... both on bait and slugs etc.. I went back a week later for a boys weekend fishing, and same story.. nothing around. Going back again in a week or so, so hopefully they've shown up now... will let you know.

cheers

Ripper report , brings back great memories , love Straddie.

cheers recurveron... glad you enjoyed.
    www.mogozobo.com <-- a few fishing yarns and general family blog
    Gone fishin' ... back at dark-thirty!