Thread: Fishing During Winter Sydney

Smile Fishing During Winter Sydney

Hey Guys,
    Just wondering i am a big summer fisherman and i want to fish in winter only thing is everywhere i usually go is now very quiet!
    so i was wondering if it was my average fish (Whiting Taylor Bream etc.) are quiet and others are biting and if others are biting what are they and where can i give it a go?

i know people wont spill beans on where is a good place to fish but i guess what im asking is hint me in the right direction and ill try the rest!

Re: Fishing During Winter Sydney

Almost all the ocean rocks will yield a good feed of Bream this time of the year, Tailor too, Whiting can still be had, but require a different approach, they will be in deep harbours and rivers now, and live Nippers will get you some, especially after dark! Flathead have usually gone to bed for the winter, but there will still be a few around, Leather Jackets will be easy targets as well, plenty of good fishing to be had in winter, but remember to wear your winter woolies, it gets bloody cold in the late evening.

Would add Australian Salmon to Noelm's list, should be plenty about on the ocean beaches and rocks down there by now I'd reckon, also luderick from the ocean rocks and river/harbour rock walls and piers. Think we used to target John Dory in winter, live yellowtail off the wharves and jetties around Cremorne, Mosman etc at night, hairtail in Akuna bay etc, same set-up.
    Check out the reports on 'Fishraider' too.
    Cheers.

i was going to share a few spots that I use to haunt prior to moving to Bribie,,, and to help you out I jumped on Nearmap to get exact locations,,, well,, those spots now have someones front lawn growing on them,,, has it been that long I asked Mrs Choppa,,, yes was the reply

Georges River is/was the go,,, I don't recall the water being the color it is now tho?

must be "dust" on my laptop screen surely
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE