Thread: Jumpinpin Jew

Jumpinpin Jew

Hey guys,

Just purchased my first boat. 4.2m tinny and looking to hit the pin this weekend for some fun.

I was just wanting some tips on chasing jew in this area. Ill be chucking some 5-7" nuclear chickens but dont know the area (first time here) so I am unsure of where to be fishing for jew. I dont need spots but just an idea of where to start.

Thanks.

Re: Jumpinpin Jew

Try down near swan bay, the deep drop off there produces alot of jew. Remember slow lure movments for jew work better than a fast flick.cheers BK

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox.

alot of current in the above mentioned so to get to the bottom of the 60ft drop off u need alot of jighead

as bk stated...nice deep hole near swan bay...turn of the tide.

heap of sharks there also.

Mick

Ah I dont mind the fight of a shark!

Whats a good jig size (hook and weight)?

depending on the current around, but i usually use 1oz jigheads with a 5/0 around there, you can go down to half an ounce on the change of tide when there is not much flow, but as soon as it picks up a bit youll need the ounce to get to the bottom.
    the jew in my avatar was caught at swan bay it went 117cm.

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox.