Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1770 weather patterns info needed...

1770 weather patterns info needed...

Hi everyone I have done heaps of research and I'm trying to figure out weather patterns for the place. I'm looking at going for 7 days in November.. I know u get bad winds in Jan feb and it's cyclone season. When we use to go to swains the wind was most still and very hot in November. Any info anyone can spare would be greatly appreciated! I'm not going to set a date but wait for a good break in weather and take a week off work. I'm driving up with a buddy from Sydney so yeah it's a massive trip. I want to spend 3-4 days at lady musgrave or fitzroy. If anybody else is thinking of a trip around that time and wants a boat to venture with slip me a pm it's mainly a learning trip for me but I hope to get into them.just finished the double island point DVD and raring to get into some reds!

A bunch of us are heading to Lady Musgrave from 20-27th October
    This was the only slot open before January because the island is fully booked or there's reef closures in place the rest of the time.
    We wanted early December.

Check here
    http://www.derm.qld.gov.au/parks/cap...usgrave_island
    Cheers,
    Owen

The whole world's mad save thee & me (but I'm not too sure about thee)

Re: 1770 weather patterns info needed...

What week were you thinking about Aaron?

Here is the ultimate info.

Follow your nose around this page and you can find a great deal of Historial weather conditions.

http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/dwo/ID...7.latest.shtml

I used this a few years ago, and September came up as having the most " consecutive " good fishing days ( by wind speed ) than any other month, including June, which I found amazing.

Enjoy and let us know what you find.

cheers LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

I know it is a long shot you could start with contacting BOM who might be able to help you. We used to go to North West Island and I recall that we had a weather stats sheet from one of the Govt depts (not sure whether it was a qld tpt dept or BOM) which gave us all sorts of info on wind and rain for the whole year, I think it did cost a couple of dollars but it was fairly cheap. Whether it is any help is debatable considering the change in weather patterns especially this year or two.
    A mate of mine has fished there a couple of times in the last year and based on others telling him when the weather is supposed to be generally good however all but the last trip were virtual wipeouts with the winds getting up and staying up for about 4 days. His last trip was a pearler and he is keen to get back there, hopefully you can get a few general area marks from others as most areas he tried to find on his own were hard yakka but a couple given to him produced exceptional fishing.

This may help you decide as well.

Coral reef fin fish

Coral reef fin fish closure dates for 2012-2013:

• 12 October to 16 October 2012, and 11 November to 15 November 2012
    • 2 October to 6 October 2013, and 31 October to 4 November 2013.

LP

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Toes View Post
    What week were you thinking about Aaron?
    Hey mate I haven't really set a date but I was going to wait for a break in the weather reports and shoot up for a week. Just from previous times I have been to swains and had great weather in November. Just fishing for a bit of info at the moment on weather and will probably work out if I'm going to do a few long day trips or have a 3-4 day trip and sleep in the boat.. I would really like to spend a day trawling the whole way to the island for macks etc before I fish the bottom..

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    I know it is a long shot you could start with contacting BOM who might be able to help you. We used to go to North West Island and I recall that we had a weather stats sheet from one of the Govt depts (not sure whether it was a qld tpt dept or BOM) which gave us all sorts of info on wind and rain for the whole year, I think it did cost a couple of dollars but it was fairly cheap. Whether it is any help is debatable considering the change in weather patterns especially this year or two.
    A mate of mine has fished there a couple of times in the last year and based on others telling him when the weather is supposed to be generally good however all but the last trip were virtual wipeouts with the winds getting up and staying up for about 4 days. His last trip was a pearler and he is keen to get back there, hopefully you can get a few general area marks from others as most areas he tried to find on his own were hard yakka but a couple given to him produced exceptional fishing.
    Thanks mate I have searched and found a couple of marks to get started in general areas but I'll probably ask for a few marks from some of the guys for best place to start and depths for that time of the year..

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    Here is the ultimate info.

Follow your nose around this page and you can find a great deal of Historial weather conditions.

http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/dwo/ID...7.latest.shtml

I used this a few years ago, and September came up as having the most " consecutive " good fishing days ( by wind speed ) than any other month, including June, which I found amazing.

Enjoy and let us know what you find.

cheers LP
    Cheers l.p. I'll do a bit more homework and sort it out. That link is just what I needed. Cheers!!!

I also hope you mean Trolling... out to the islands.. unless you have a Trawler ???

couldn't help myself.... sorry

cheers

Haha u made me have a little giggle. I meant trolling

Don't forget to read the Offshore reports from the Annual Ausfish Agnes Water / 1770 M & G being held in September this year. Should be some great reports as about 80 people are attending.

cheers

Yeah don't worry I will! I am spending October long weekend at coffs for 7 days otherwise I would had tried to make it for the m&g.. I'm hoping to go to next years one and put some faces to names..

You could also try contacting the Rockhampton Meteorology office. They do a twice daily Marine weather schedule on VHF in the area.

(07) 4922 3597

Email; Rockhampton@bom.gov.au

Cheers,
    Jim

Can be a good time of the year for weather. Those couple of hot still days leading up to a storm. You might get northerly seabreezes or you can be out of range of them out on the reef. If there are northerlies, the protection of the reef blocks them out. Just got to watch for the storms. Actual big northerlies are a different matter. They can blow for weeks on end in sort of Nov/Dec in amongst big SEers. Get that stormy weather and you might get some ripper days.