Thread: review of NSW recreational fishing rules only 4 weeks left for submissions

Ausfish Bronze Member
    Blog Entries

review of NSW recreational fishing rules only 4 weeks left for submissions

review of NSW recreational fishing rules
    you only have up to July to provide submission, the survey can be done online.
    have you all completed the survey, it is very critical to apply as much pressure as possible on the fisheries.

please reed the proposals , they are crazy and as usual we , who do follow the rules pay the price again, the one causing the stocks to reduce are the ones catching hundreds of under size fish and never been caught or approached by any inspectors.

I believe the solution to the reduced stock is to keep the current bag limits however employ more inspectors to police it more, and our fishing licence can employ full time inspectors at every popular ramp.

this is very serious stuff, do your bit

Ausfish Bronze Member
    Blog Entries

Re: review of NSW recreational fishing rules only 4 weeks left for submissions

Ausfish Platinum Member - R.I.P. October 2015 dayoo's Avatar

Good luck but I think Fisheries NSW is going to follow the Qld fiasco despite recommendations from the Queensland snapper working group to not change the snapper bag limit. I was on the snapper working group and a political decision was made by the then Main Roads Minister to reduce the bag limit from 5 to 4 with only 1 over 70cm.

Cheers
    Barry

Will the Shooters & Fishers party holding the balance in the NSW Upper House have a bearing on the outcome? One of their deals with the Gov did get the beach green zones opened up to rec anglers. Could be worth a hard lobby in that direction.
    ~~~><))))*>