View Poll Results: Would you like to see a state wide Rec Fishing Licence introduced in Qld

Voters
211. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES to the Qld Gov introducing a Rec Fishing Licence

72 34.12%
  • NO to the Qld Gov introducing a Rec Fishing licence

139 65.88%
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Qld Rec Fishing Licence? Yes or No

Re: Qld Rec Fishing Licence? Yes or No

just another way to tax us in my opinion, money will be wasted like the rest of the money we already pay!!!

Mike,

quite frankly the QLD government has not shown that it is capable of managing the money or delivering the infrastructure that should result from such a license. The snapper debarcle and the ongoing "phone poll" is really indicative of the ingrained issues within the core fisheries management organisations that really needs addressing. While there is within these organisations people with the "want" to change current practices, the realitly is that the rest of the monolith "cow tows" to the whims of political minorities without factual evidence, as a result trust in the organisations is at an all time low.

Regards
    HOnda.

Thumbs down Re: Qld Rec Fishing Licence? Yes or No

'Scuse me???!!!!

You don't think that increasing my boat rego by 95%; my trailer rego by 35%, removing the 8c a litre petrol subsidy was enough? Those imposts now cost me almost $500 more a year. You don't think a few shekels from that could be re-directed to offset a fishing licence??

May I refer all you fine folk and piscatorial bretheren to The Courier-Mail report last week about us paying almost $1,000 for a toilet seat - not the entire toilet, just the seat and lid - for a Minister in the previous Government. You want another example - I've got 12 closely typed pages of them. (And let's not even start on the now billion dollars required to fix the Health Department's computer stuff-up. Not the department - its inadequate computer system.

Let the austerity start with Government spending. Let it cut to the bureaucratic bone. Let the fines be rolled out fast and furiously for the fishing rule breakers and apply that money to whatever a licence fee would have been spent on.

After that, and I mean only after that, should anyone consider rattling the bikkie tin front of fisho's.

For those without boats who didn't get slugged mercilessly by the increases above - good luck to you. I don't begrudge a fishing licence missing you at all either. That's because you're already contributing local knowledge, tagging information, voluntary labor on stocking programs and a squillion other things, free of charge.

I will happily be in the front row of a full public daily media, social media and personal networking attack on any such additional impost.

Folks, it's time to put on the Che Guevera t-shirts and berets, show some gonzolas and demand some real accountability for the squillions which we already have contributed. Capiche??

SUPERDAFF
    Last edited by SUPERDAFF; 20-07-2012 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Spelling and syntax

No thanks - its a trust issue, I dont have any.

All I see from this is the usual "collect money from all over the state, then spend it all in SE corner"... regional Qld will get nothing from this except more green zones, coal ports and lock outs..

hmm maybe I am feeling a bit cynical today

ps I voted no but I would like to see the govt costs of managing rec fishing, and existing revenue from rec fishers. If there is a requirement for more funding maybe I would change my mind. I don't think it should fund buy backs etc, unless it was a one off levy and was used in the locality it was collected from. .

I have to agree with rainbow runner, i grew up in NSW and as kids we would only ever get small bream, flatties and whiting. Since the licences came in and they bought out a lot of the pro's everything you catch is much larger then average and you catch jews. I didnt know what a jew was until about 8 years ago after the pros were kicked out. There have also been other things like structure rehabilitation in rivers, artificial reefs and fads installed with the licence money. I can see the big differences the licences have made in NSW to rec fishing, with the right management licences here in QLD would be a good thing.

Problem is getting the right management...

Not a QLD'er.
    If money was used for fishing yes but we all know pollies speak with forked tongue
    so fishing license money probably finishes up in general revenue. NO

Please please please don't allow one in. There are good reasons to have one, but in the end it's another loss of personal freedom. I'd like to think we can pop down the creek or the river or the dam or the beach here in Qld and throw a line in without someone regulating us. It's not even a financial issue with me. It's an issue of lifestyle.

I vote- GFY

Quote Originally Posted by Camhawk88 View Post
    I vote- GFY
    Great, fantastic, yes??..

Quote Originally Posted by Camhawk88 View Post
    I vote- GFY
    Thats gold and leaves nothing to add

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

I would say yes if they did buy out some pro fishermen but targeted the ones who decimate the sea mullet & bream migration stocks (along with others), and assisted in policing of size and bag limits would help also. I never see a harbour and Marine inspector at the boat ramp these days.

I would happily pay the fee for a licence if it funded a LOT more fisheries inspectors 7 days a week and they enforced the laws effectively. As for ramps and facilities, I think they should be a local council perogative and local fundraising could go a long way towards bettering the infrastructure available. The govt handouts need to be better controlled so the moneys promised reach the correct destinations without being used for all the red tape the last govt created in order to satisfy her jobs promise.
    Jack.

You'll reget it. You don't need a lic to enforce laws that already exist. It is a con.

We have a fishing tax . It is gst on every part of your fishing gear. If you fish more you pay more.

Nothing stops a government buying out fishing lic they should never have issued and why should rec fishers foot the bill.
    If fishing be it commercial or rec then change size limits, catch limits , bag etc.

Environmental damage - christ 99% is coming from land based activity.

Facilities - hell have you seen how much we pay for fuel for boats ,- yep with all that road tax - more than enough to pay for access with decent ramps.

Do the study on what the recreation and sport of fishing is really already paying to these grubby governments and tell me it isn''t enough.

Do I really want to see a bunch of office administraters govt employes to collect and manage money - no. Don't even start with me on the 9X % goes back etc etc. That 10% is a big number.

Governments need to enforce existing rules with appropriate staffing and technology levels and continue education.

We need smaller government not larger government.

If you see the reports in NSW the lic is used as a tool so people have comitted a offence for not carrying it etc. They are spending all their time taking the easy money and lic checks not solving the fishing issue. Easy money for a govt and produces very pretty statistics and figures that justify jobs but not good in the long term for respect of fish and the environment.

Just remember how you'll feel when ya money goes to some feel good research by some bullcrap green bent group rather than to proper scientists. Look at how fisheies NSW has been decimated , dept of AG decimated. So many more votes in schemes than real long term quality science.

Quote Originally Posted by allanbruce52 View Post
    I would say yes if they did buy out some pro fishermen but targeted the ones who decimate the sea mullet & bream migration stocks (along with others), and assisted in policing of size and bag limits would help also. I never see a harbour and Marine inspector at the boat ramp these days.
    how about an extra $50 per year on top of your drivers license to pay for more police.
    how about an extra $50 per year fee on each school kid to pay for more teachers.

The laws are there..it is a Govt's responsibility to police them and uphold them. Not the public duty to pay extra for that.