View Poll Results: Would you like to see a state wide Rec Fishing Licence introduced in Qld

Voters
211. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES to the Qld Gov introducing a Rec Fishing Licence

72 34.12%
  • NO to the Qld Gov introducing a Rec Fishing licence

139 65.88%
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Qld Rec Fishing Licence? Yes or No

Qld Rec Fishing Licence? Yes or No

Simple question for all Qld anglers, do you want a state wide Rec Fishing Licence in any form?????? Yes or No

Cheers
    ~~~><))))*>

Re: Qld Rec Fishing Licence? Yes or No

Im not a Queenslander, so I didn't vote.

The NSW fishing licence scam has done very little/nothing for us but make it illegal to fish without one.

If I was asked if I support a NSW fishing licence, I would say NO.

Muzz

I notice your quote has Licence spelt License.......... that may be the loophole. In Australia, it is spelt Licence.

I will vote no.

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Lets face it, a person would spend more on fishing gear..

But is the money going somewhere?

I would rather spend 20 a year if I knew it went directly to restocking.. or would the government simply fob it off to slack assed wages and other crap?

BTW ATM it is a no for me.

I have no probs with the current QLD freshwater permits.

ise verb
    ice noun

C
    C

PS No
    What could go wrong.......................

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    I notice your quote has Licence spelt License.......... that may be the loophole. In Australia, it is spelt Licence.
    LP
    Thanks for the heads up Phill, I hadn't noticed but to be accurate (and I do like to be accurate) I cut n pasted MP Mark's exact comments and that's the way the MP with 100 Uni degrees spelt it in his post, twice. Though I shouldn't be critical of his spelling, I'm a shocker without spellcheck, it's his honesty I'm critical of. This is his post re Rec Fishing Licences, and true to form he tells Ausfishers that the Labor Government are considering bringing in a rec licence but the LNP Opposition have RULED IT OUT.

I believe govt considering rec fishing license as extension of snapper tax in RIS.
    LNP have ruled out rec fishing license
    Mark
    It was post no 25 here http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...34#post1335034

And again here, once again tell us we'll get a Rec Fishing Licence in Qld under Labor but not under an LNP Gov

9.40pm 12/12/11 Mark P
    Happy to state that the cost to fish in Qld will be less under an LNP govt than under the Labor govt.
    Off the top of my head, 3 reasons:
    1. No carbon tax under Fed and state LN/P.
    2. No rec fishing licence under LNP. I believe state Labor are considering one - the snapper tax was a community feedback exercise.
    3. No hike in boat rego - state govt has almost doubled their revenue from boat rego fees over last 4 years.
    Hope that helps,
    Mark

BTW please Phill could you make this thread a "sticky" , I've got a feeling this issue will topical for a fair while. Thanks
    Cheers
    ~~~><))))*>

Mark who ?. You mean the one people were tripping themselves over to back all the way to bank and accused those questioning his motives as being ALP hacks.

Is this the same Mark who conveniently went MIA during the campaign then pleaded he didn't see it coming just days after of his non appointment.

I am not a labor hack but FFS please don't for a moment try and tell me CN and co are the ducks nuts, only the gullible still swallow that LNP propaganda crap.

Anyway Mike i thought it was a 1000 degrees in the world according to Timi.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

We already have/had one, it is called the PPV levy that every boat owner pays in their rego. Millions of dollars over the years.

Where is that going? Boat ramps and facilities or gold plated paper clips?

Would you trust that a fishing license fee would not be put into consolidated revenue and disappear?
    Last edited by Ausfish; 19-07-2012 at 07:31 PM.

Ausfish Platinum Member gruntahunta's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Steeler... this is ONLY a discussion, NOT legislation....NO onw has said they ARE going to implement it in this term...NOT LIKE the PRIME MINISTER which WAS a lie.

So knocking our new Govt for doing their job in planning ahead is pretty dissapointing for even a NSW.

Gotta Love Maroochydore.

I have voted no as I dont believe that the funds raised would go to the right places.
    Cheers Axl

Quote Originally Posted by gruntahunta View Post
    Steeler... this is ONLY a discussion, NOT legislation....NO onw has said they ARE going to implement it in this term...NOT LIKE the PRIME MINISTER which WAS a lie.

So knocking our new Govt for doing their job in planning ahead is pretty dissapointing for even a NSW.
    BS artists know no boundries state or federal and both sides at that. Sorry pollies and honesty is an oxy, well you know.

Surely you have been around long enough to realise discussion on forms of raising revenue don't stop there, even over the border.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Id only vote yes if the funds raised went into worth while things like filleting
    tables and various facilities

Only if is legislated that it must be spent on fisheries officers boat facilities etc

Decided to vote yes, but it really comes down to where the money goes and how reasonable the cost is. I don't really want to see it go up every year like every other bill

Ideally I would like to see it go directly to decent long-term fishing orientated projects - artificial reefs, fishing platforms, etc.. as opposed to items that should be included within the budget anyway. Ie, fisheries patrols.

Had to vote yes, I lived in Sydney before and after they closed botany bay to commercial fishing by buying the pro licenses with money from rec license funds. Also fished St Georges Basin alot in this time,
    The fishing improved incredibly in both locations after pros were bought out.
    I think about 30% goes to "admin" fees tho but the rest goes straight into rec fishing.
    If I remember right Im sure that it was only approved in NSW as long as it didnt go into "consolidated revenue"

Imagine Moreton Bay and its rivers with no pro fisherman and more artificial reefs
    The Rainbowrunner
    Peter Hansler
    phansler@hotmail.com
    Click here for my webpage
    Click here for my videos

Give a man a fish, he'll eat it and fall asleep.

Teach a man to fish and he'll endanger an entire species