View Poll Results: Would you like to see a state wide Rec Fishing Licence introduced in Qld

Voters
211. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES to the Qld Gov introducing a Rec Fishing Licence

72 34.12%
  • NO to the Qld Gov introducing a Rec Fishing licence

139 65.88%
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Qld Rec Fishing Licence? Yes or No

Re: Qld Rec Fishing Licence? Yes or No

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    how about an extra $50 per year on top of your drivers license to pay for more police.
    how about an extra $50 per year fee on each school kid to pay for more teachers.

The laws are there..it is a Govt's responsibility to police them and uphold them. Not the public duty to pay extra for that.
    Ahh No
    and Pinhead, Please stop giving him ideas......lol

Quote Originally Posted by Camhawk88 View Post
    I vote- GFY
    I concur
    (can't vote from my phone)
    Cheers,
    Owen

The whole world's mad save thee & me (but I'm not too sure about thee)

No No & No Period !!!

If/when the LNP go down this road one Mr Robinson will here meprotetestswt.
    Thats right consult ?

Pay more via a licence to improve the situation?

Just like paying the 3c a litre for 3 years petrol subsidy sorted out NSW's roads - that was 25 years ago and now it's 50 Forever; just like the $80 per property a year ambulance levy in Qld totally sorted out the shortage of ambulances, just like diversion of the GST-generated financial war chest to roofing insulation sorted out the economy and how the $23 a tonne carbon price is going to sort out the environment. But somehow a recreational fishing licence fee is going to sort out fishing issues?????

Earth to dreamers, Earth to dreamers ... Come in dreamers. Over. Kssshhhhhhh.

Knowledge, leadership and commitment sorts out problems - not levies !!!

We certainly do pay enough toward the government departments who should be using this money directly to make changes, so I agree.
    I have sort of given up on believing any government will do the right thing.
    The money just gets sucked up into their wages, lurks & super, then bureaucracy. What chance is there of being anything left for the environment?
    Then some university graduate without the appropriate real knowledge and experience decides where the last dollars go.

Well should policing the fishery be privatised??
    Somehow there needs to be a presence to stop the illegal activities......if the govt cant administer it, should it go to the private sector?
    Even the traffic police force......could or should that be privatised?
    Jack.

I vote yes for a simple reason - make it just $5 or something simple, then chase up all the 'imported anglers' who take fish below our minimum size limits and pretend they don't understand. Take away their licence if they misbehave and make the fines large if they continue to abuse our regulations.
    If we believe the regulations are basically correct then we need to police with a few examples.
    Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Platitudinus View Post
    I vote yes for a simple reason - make it just $5 or something simple, Plato
    At the moment they're talking $35 to $40.

A few guys have mentioned money from a new Rec Fishing Licence funding a buy back of commercial licences? What the hell for, we had this promise from Campbell before the last election (from the LNP website)
    The LNP is committed to the health and wellbeing of our fisheries and will undertake a $9 million voluntary buyback program in consultation with the industry. In addition, to ensure the long term sustainability of our fisheries, we will invest up to $1 million in a range of sustainability measures including enhanced monitoring of fisheries on a regional basis.

The LNP made those promises at the same time they were promising not to introduce a Rec Fishing Licences in Qld.
    ~~~><))))*>

You know you can always trust a government

Here is another good one

They had a opportunity to spend now and seriously stop carp degrading our waterways ( you know the ones we fishermen are degrading) and allow native fish to have a chance ( you know the fish we are depleting off the resource - copping smaller bag limits - not the resource shrinking)

http://www.abc.net.au/landline/conte...2/s3550676.htm

Seriously it has nothing to do with money it has to do with the funding of departments and scientists and politics.

To think in the last 12 months the government was considering allowing squirrels into Australia as domestic pets - they haven't said 100% no yet.

I'm all for a RFL ...... As long as it is it is run via a well organised Trust -
    I know I saw a huge improvement in the fishing in the years after the introduction of the NSW Licence .
    In addition to raising funds to be spent on fishing only projects - Qld should also take advantage of those that cross the border to fish ...... there are a hell of a lot of tourists that plonk their van in some location and literally harvest the place - so why shouldn't they pay for the privilege ?

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Nagg ya PM box is full bud,

Dan
    Confidence.......the feeling you get before you fully understand the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan5 View Post
    Nagg ya PM box is full bud,

Dan
    Cleared ...
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Have any of you people paid to renew your gun licence yet?

The cost has skyrocked and we get sfa for our money. No ramps, nav. lights,
    Trailer parking, buy backs, Nothing.

No Rfl. licence for me, look at all the costs that have gone up, power, water, insurance, phone,
    medical insurance, rates, etc. each has gone up and not in conformity with c.p.i.

As someone said paying for a $1000.00 toilet seat.

All the new "Boards" must be financed and as is the case they will all need new headquarters and more and more staff.

Just hope "Can Do" gets it right or we have no hope.

Haji-Baba.

Listening to the NSW guys seemingly universally stating that they caught more fish after implementation of rec fishing havens, then the cost per fish for these guys may have come down. I'm not necessarily pro or anti rfl, but what's the point in going fishing for free if you catch nothing anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Slider View Post
    Listening to the NSW guys seemingly universally stating that they caught more fish after implementation of rec fishing havens, then the cost per fish for these guys may have come down. I'm not necessarily pro or anti rfl, but what's the point in going fishing for free if you catch nothing anyway.

That really is dependent on what type of fishing they were doing and in what systems. The biggest change to many waterways has been the reduction in pollution , stopping industrial waste and silt in some systems. Yep the harbour got better but in reality the bought out fishing lic
    in a large part were lic that were not being used and in areas where they stopped trawling the trawling effort has moved to other systems and is gradually decimating them.

If you want to play to a small group of Nimby city fishers then get a Lic and charge heaps for it and fix up a localised city fishery problem but if you want real change and a sustainable fishery Australia wide grab a pollitician and a department head by the nuts and get a serious long term answer by doing propper science and correct allocation to long term researchaend set limits accordingly and actually police the limits . You don't need a lic to police fish limits. Stop allowing politicians placing all of us in the lowest common denominator box by calling us thieves and assuming we are out to break the rules just cause some nimby green group ( better funded and organised than fishing groups) says so.

Now in my extended family we have hundreds of thousands of dollars tied up in boating and fishing. ya telling me I can apply to be bought out and compensated for the loss of a fishing area that becomes a marine park or a non take species and new size limits. Nah i'm not commercial and I can't put a value on my enjoyment and the fish I put on my table knowing they are fresh and been treated well.

Don't get sucked into a fishing lic - it's a fraud.