View Poll Results: Would you like to see a state wide Rec Fishing Licence introduced in Qld

Voters
211. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES to the Qld Gov introducing a Rec Fishing Licence

72 34.12%
  • NO to the Qld Gov introducing a Rec Fishing licence

139 65.88%
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Qld Rec Fishing Licence? Yes or No

Re: Qld Rec Fishing Licence? Yes or No

I am against a RFL - absolutely. For a couple of reasons:-

1) Greenies don't have to have a license to spout the nonsensical diatribe that they do and engage in their favorite pastime - making life miserable for all and sundry - so why should we?

2) We pay car rego every year and that goes towards up keep for our roads and infastructure. - What do they do with our boat rego fees? - Keep boat ramps poorly maintained; steal boat ramp car parks; Hit us with more rules and regulations - give a token amount to the Coast Guard. Until the government can allocate funds proportionately where they are actually needed - they won't get another cent out of this little black duck.

3) No matter how reasonable the initial yearly fee is - it will go up and it will continue to go up. It will be a self perpetuating beast that has to continue to pay for itself.

Mark

An emphatic NO

What's the point now seeing there are no fishing related services the fee will go towards.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

"In the past week Sunfish has been advised by Fisheries Queensland that the $4.6m of the monies levied on boat owners for special purpose recreational initiatives would be cut by $2m and reallocated to employ fisheries staff and fund government business.:

The above is from Phill's thread.

Now does anyone still think an rfl is a good idea and the Govt will leave the funds alone? If so, I think you need to spend some time at the bottom of the garden with the pixies to clear your head.

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    "In the past week Sunfish has been advised by Fisheries Queensland that the $4.6m of the monies levied on boat owners for special purpose recreational initiatives would be cut by $2m and reallocated to employ fisheries staff and fund government business.:

The above is from Phill's thread.

Now does anyone still think an rfl is a good idea and the Govt will leave the funds alone? If so, I think you need to spend some time at the bottom of the garden with the pixies to clear your head.
    It will never be transparent if it is part of another fee - It needs to be an isolated payment and managed via a trust ......... otherwise it will not work imo
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

It will be just another fee going into consolidated revenue or all spent in the south east. We don't need it.

NO............

A big fat HELL NO. Pollies, Tree Huggers & Dugong Kissers get enough of my hard earned.. And do SFA with it that helps ME...

What I would pay for however, is a membership fee to a well organised & run petition group against these clowns, scrutinizing & emphasizing their uselessness. Where do I sign up?

I've been a big advocate for an RFL ....... but what this LNP government has just done to the $18 RUF taken from our boat registration - not a chance in hell they could be trusted to manage it.

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    I've been a big advocate for an RFL ....... but what this LNP government has just done to the $18 RUF taken from our boat registration - not a chance in hell they could be trusted to manage it.

Chris
    The levy is the best possible thing as you can hold it asa noose around Gov't neck and get them to prove where it goes and lobby. The fishing groups have no idea how to lobby well. Pro's with less members, less funding have a greater voice.

Come on ya can't bring in politics as well. The RFL you support is run by a independent trust structure and there is no political influence is what it's supporters try and tell me. So the people on that board yadda yadda yadda are able to make loads of great decisions like funding govt paid positions, govt projects the Govt should have funded in the first place. Spend heaps on projects that are great for the ribbon cutters to get their heads in teh media - yep the politicians. The trust is just so independent and accessable to all.

Would you rather a govt in the future that could ( if lobbied properly) actually change things and offer long term funded solutions or the basket case you had sending the state broke .

Said it earlier that the fishing lobby is not focussed and has no respect of a vast majority of day to day fisherpeople who just want the opportunity to have a occasional fish. The Fishing retail industry etc etc are lazy. Any other group with as main participants and retail value of goods has so much more power in influencing funding / projects but the 1000 odd small fishing lobby groups all trying to have a voice and protect their NIMBY projects who won't work together.

Here is a good read

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...-force-!/page2

I'm all for it 100%. Just as long as there is a guarantee that the money is used to buy out Pro licenses, improve facilities such as boat ramps, fund more fisheries checks and law enforcement, but mostly develop an effective estuary fish and crab restocking programs for the hardest hit systems such as the Fitzroy Delta, Baffle Ck, Burnett R, Mary R & Tin Can. Etc.

Do politicians actually keep their promises?

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by aus2045 View Post
    I'm all for it 100%. Just as long as there is a guarantee that the money is used to buy out Pro licenses, improve facilities such as boat ramps, fund more fisheries checks and law enforcement, but mostly develop an effective estuary fish and crab restocking programs for the hardest hit systems such as the Fitzroy Delta, Baffle Ck, Burnett R, Mary R & Tin Can. Etc.
    NO GUARANTEES, that is the problem.

There was a Recreational Fishing Haven set up in NSW with funds from their licence. Not long ago, some pollie, with the stroke of a pen, changed that.

Further, I still do not undertsand people saying that a licence is OK to buy back Pro Licences ???? NO NO NO.................. The pro's paid money to the State Govt for that licence, therefore the Government has the money to either A, buy them back .. or B...... TAKE them back ( un-used ones ) .. or..C... legislate a sunset clause and tell the " identified " licence holders, you have 5 years to get out, sell out or suffer the consequences.

We have a RUF ( Recreational Use Fee ) that takes a tad less than $20 out of every registration fee for recreational boats in Qld. THAT money is supposed to go things like, improvements in boat ramps etc etc.......... Why double up the tax ? No need to create another tax !!!

The only way another tax , Tarrif, Fee, Permit, Licence can be introduced is via Legislation and that legislation ensures the whole amount be used for the intended purposes, hence that tax etc has to be " set in stone " .......... included in the constitution.

Rec fishos are the easiest target for Governments as we have no representation, yet we contribute over $1 Billion to the Qld economy every year.,

We deserve better, but we get SFA.

Until such time we get a passionate rec fishing State Premier, our cause will suffer the indignity of being treated like a second class citizen. All the lobbying will not help. All the stats will not help. All the effort by anyone less powerful than the State Leader, will not help.

All Governments take notice and appease the minority groups........ happens every day, but majority groups like Rec Fishos have concerns that fall on deaf ears.

If you really want action........... make it abundantly clear what you want.

There are many ways to do this..

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

I support RFL if funds are invested back into RF not gonna happen.
    Commercial licence fees should also be invested back into improving, managing and restocking of the fish they are taking. Isn't that common sense.

Does NSW have A Fishing Licence?

No it doesn't

When the fishing licence was originally brought in to NSW, it was interpreted to be a contract between recreational fishers and the NSW Government.
    As such, the rights and obligations under the licence(read contract) could not be unilaterally changed without agreement of both parties.
    The NSW Government, however, wanted to be free to change the terms and conditions of licences at their sole discetion.
    That is why in NSW, you are now issued with a fishing fee receipt, not a licence.
    Read it, its true.
    As for a licence or fee receipt in Queensland, No! No! No! No! No! No!