Thread: Wed 18/7 ride report

Wed 18/7 ride report

Back in the DBW days we used to post ride reports and it was all good fun. Riding in groups, on the site there was plenty of bs to keep the punters grinning. It'd be good to do regular ones here for those days when we're not out, to keep everyone in touch with the sport so to speak. So here goes.

Headed off Mooloolaba 10am yesterday. Blown onshore all the day before and most of the night, but the forecast was for it to swing around and calm off during the day. The original plan was to go to the 12 mile off Caloundra, but with a few white caps still around and still blowing 10 knots from the south, it was going to be a hard trip. Ended up going to Murphies, where there was a 1.5 knot current. Drifted around aimlessly on a few spots and there were a few big shows on the sounder, but nothing on the bite.

After a couple of hours with an empty esky and a sore arse I'm debating about heading in, but being bloody-minded had almost convinced myself to stay out longer, when next thing you know a bloody whale breached beside me. That was it, I'm out of there quick. One of those things land on you on a ski and she's all over red rover.

Anyhow, at least something happened to make the trip memorable. Would have been better to show a few pics of trophy fish, but it'll have to wait til next time.

Re: Wed 18/7 ride report

That's unreal. Scheme didn't get pic. How often do u go. Out off Caloundra.
    Where u leave from and how far out u go to murphies.
    I only fish down from woody point to mud.

Maybe we can a fish together one day. There are couple other blokes down here that fish off their ski. We all live woody pt / margate/ north lakes.

Cheers
    Greg

Re: Wed 18/7 ride report

Hi Greg, I try and get out wide every week, weather permitting. So if you're ever wanting to head off north Moreton count me in. Otherwise come on up to the sunny coast and try some of the reefs up here.