Thread: Tingalpa Creek squatters camp.

Tingalpa Creek squatters camp.

Back in the day when I did all of my fishing from either the bank or from my small tinnie I used to frequent Tingalpa creek.The place used to hold some good fish, prawns and crabs and a lot of the time I never even used to put the tinnie in because I could fish land based with good results with out the boat.
    One of the spots I used to go was at the end of Railway Pde at Thornside.....down from the train station.It was nice and quiet down there with only the two houses down the end and that silly looking houseboat thing moored up in the middle of the creek.
    I went down there recently after a long time of not going down there only to find that the place has turned in to an absolute dive.There's crap everywhere, clapped out old cars, dogs running around the place people living on boats that are moored up along the creek and what looked to be some permanent 'camp' sites complete with fire pits out the front of their tents and some sort of a make shift shelter under a tree.The place looks like an absolute free for all for squatters.
    Not that I'm concerned but more so out of curiosity does anyone know what the go is down there?

Re: Tingalpa Creek squatters camp.

Well obviously the homeless are no longer called homeless.

I was fishing down there about 4 months ago and saw the house closest to the station on bloody fire lol.
    Had to leg it up there and make sure the bloke was ok, My phone footage even made it on the 7 news
    I caught a few whiting down there but you have to fight the old people that launch their kayaks there and the dogs.

I dont go down there anymore, basically its a dead end filled with bogans.

on the upside tho: plenty of new reefs forming up the creek due to floods and sinking boats - one a 40 odd foot houseboat (looked like a nice 1 a year back) complete with outboard motor attached. its a shame its not a bit deeper as most of the "reef" will be above the waterline.
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

They must be mates of our former greenie Mayor who now find themselves out of a job.

TOL