Thread: twinpower sw5000 vs certate 3500HD

twinpower sw5000 vs certate 3500HD

Hello all,
    looking at a high end mid size spinning reel to match Egrell S10. Pretty keen on the Stella 5000SW (hence my earlier post) but what are thoughts on the Twinpower SW ($599 USD from Minstor) and the Certate 3500HD...if I have to drop the budget by $200 or so. Want a very smooth, high quality,strong reel to last a long time.

cheers, Mike

Re: twinpower sw5000 vs certate 3500HD

The price difference between the Twin Power and the Stella is minimal so I would go the Stella. The Certate HD is a nice reel and a tad cheaper ... I have owned a Certate and although very nice I went for the Stella 5k ... It's the better reel with a much nicer drag from stock.
    Ta
    Matt

Mikey there is a guy on 360 Tuna that sells Stella's real cheap. You coudl get one for almost that price but would have to pay 50 bucks postage, maybe $700 all up or less. In any event I reckon you could get the TP cheaper too. To be honest I doubt you'll notice the difference between the Stella and the TP but also agree on the above. unless you can save at least $100 best to get the Stella. I have both but have not used the TP much to be able to really say (it's the missus's). Have not used the Certate but not heard a bad thing about them.

Mate I just saw an ad on another forum in Aus for a Stella 5000SW only 2 months ond for $600 if you're interested.

I have owned and used both the Certate HD and the Stella. The Stella is by far the better of the two. It is smoother, stronger and in my opinion it will last longer. Along side it the Certate feels agricultural although dependable. A For the price difference go the 5000 Stella. One difference between the two is the retrieve rate the Stella being a faster reel and better for some applications. The gear ratio will not let you down under high loads; a brilliant reel all round.
    Regards to all Dick

Many thanks to all....just the kind of feedback I am after. Daintree...will pm.

cheers, Mike