Thread: St Lawerence

St Lawerence

Due to the wet weather, I took a drive down to St Lawrence yesterday for a bit of a look. Went to both boat ramps and it seems you obviously need a 4x4 to launch your boat due to the high tidal variance and mud Apart from that 'little' problem the area looks very promising.
    Due to the weather no locals seemed to venture out, but it appears nearly everyone has a boat of some sort in their yard, some in the 5m+ range, so I think the fishing maybe OK?
    Has anyone fished or based themselves from there? Or does anyone on this forum live there and how does the area fish?
    regards
    Bruce

Re: St Lawerence

Hi Bruce,
    I grew up in St Lawrence and know the area pretty well. I still have a place 20 mins up the road at Clairview.
    The tides are massive there. 4.5m is a small tide. You can only get your boat in at about 1/2 tide and you wanna get it out by 1/2 tide as well. In saying that I enjoy fishing the holes at low tide.
    I think the crabbing and fishing is awesome most of the time I love getting up there when ever I can.
    Send me a pm if you want any more info I could go on about this place for hours lol.
    Cheers Brett

Be careful and mindful of the tidal bore that comes at the start of the run in on some tides, damn near surfable sometimes.
    I prefer the area in a good drought.
    Jack.

Hey,not much happens in St Lawrence. Took this pic looking along the main street a few weeks back.

Quote Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
    Hey,not much happens in St Lawrence. Took this pic looking along the main street a few weeks back.

Bring a tear to my eye the old Sportsman s Arms Hotel on the right hand side

[QUOTE=steve99;1403228]Hey,not much happens in St Lawrence. Took this pic looking along the main street a few weeks back.

Yep Steve, you're right, not much happens! that's why I like the place (even signed a contract on a house!). Bull1, had a few beers at the Sportsman's Arms...my kind of pub...nice and quite!