Thread: mackay whats with all the wind? where to fish when the winds up in mackay

mackay whats with all the wind? where to fish when the winds up in mackay

hey guys just joined this site & just moved up to mackay 3 mnths ago, already caught my first barra 78cm so STOKED about that got a couple of jacks and got 7 tuna out in me boat the other day so pretty happy cause iv only been out 3 times. now i can slow down in work a bit I want to fish once to twice a week, cause thats what i use to do cause my job and miss allows it .

so what i want to know were should i take my 5meter tiny wen all this wind is up?
    is the habour good for jew?
    r the pontoons good for bream?
    in the poineer river theres a long rock wall on the northen side, under mackay slade pt rd (bridge) is that anygood to troll lures or just fish?

I have a stack of rods and im chase any fish

by the way dose this wind ever stop?

been to nashies tackle shop top bloke and good advice

any help wood be great thanx

I've just moved to Mackay and have temp accommodation on the marina. See a few fishing off the end of the harbor wall not sure what for. Will probably give it a go next weekend weather permitting.
    Saturday was a cracker wind wise 5-10 knts & not a space left in the harbor car park.

Re: mackay whats with all the wind? where to fish when the winds up in mackay

Harbour wall is good for Trevally, queenies, Tuna and so forth. The river is good for all kinds of surprises lots of Flathead on the sand banks speak to Clint at Tackleworld and sign up for their weekly fishing report.
    BOAT really does mean Bring out Another Thousand

cheers mate sounds good thanx

Mackay only has a breeze in winter, Cooktown has wind and by the time you get up to TI it'll blow a dog off the chain. Happens every dry season (another joke!!). Trade winds are just part of the double edged sword we like to call QLD. Drives you mad eh.
    nil carborundum illegitimi