Thread: Help on catching some Snapper around Moreton Island

Help on catching some Snapper around Moreton Island

G'day guys I have moved house from Townsville recently and would like to get into some winter snapper as it is a species we don't get up there. I haven't been out in the boat for a serious fishing session since moving down here and don't know really where to start. I guess a general location is what I'm after, a couple of non secret gps marks would be even better, me and the old man were thinking of launching at Bribie and heading out past the northern end of Moreton Island but we don't really have a clue on where to go from that area. Any help is appreciated. We are going in a 520 Formosa but can take my 6.8m Barcrusher if we need to go really wide. Cheers.

Re: Help on catching some Snapper around Moreton Island

will pm u acouple of marks later.headin offshore moreton now
    heers rosco

PM sent

Awesome thanks guys I really appreciate it, can be a bit difficult trying to learn a very new location.

Check out the generic list of marks Honda has put up in the GPS marks section
    http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...0-Meters-Thick

I think you may need to be premium member status to see it though. Alternativly check out River to reef (Brisbane and Moreton bay Edition) for a fair bit of info. When chasing Snapper its not too hard to find ground and even fish but its the techniques that put them in the boat
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Are you able to PM me some marks as well. I often head out offshore (nth of Moreton) without much luck.

Funny you should put this post up bigmav, I hve been thinking the same thing for some time......with 7 donuts in a row in the bay it's time i headed out wider to scratch a big itch I've had for over a year. I was just looking at possible ramps around bribie on google maps to leave from, Guys I guess skippers best option? (limited range so need to leave as close to the cape as possible).

So bigmav if you wanna head out tandem, drop me a line as would be Good to join up with someone for first time out that way. Thinking will try to get out there in the next couple of weeks...got no marks either but have a couple of generic and thought I would just sound around either Hutchins or Brennan's or ??? first up and see how i go...guys any suggestions on where to start would be good.....don't like asking for specific marks but I have quite a few for further north if anyone wants to do a few swapsies

Cheers
    Crunchy

Yeah me and the old man plan to get out the first decent weekend we can get. We were thinking overnight out there but are pretty flexible, as soon as we see an opening I will give you a yell and see if you are able. Always good having a second boat sounding around. Doubles the odds of getting onto some I reckon.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using Tapatalk 2

The public marks that have been put up here on dofferent threads work!!!! I have been offshore fishing now for 3 years and i only had those marks to start with.

I have never been offshore and not caught a fish with those marks.

The tip is though, they are just general area's, if you have a sound around you will find some excellent spots. Usually within 100 - 200 metres.

Over time, you will find your own spots. Until then, the public marks do work.

Cheers Adam

Are you living on Bribie,,,

Tiger Rock is also a good spot for the occasional Snap if the weather turns bad,,,, early morn weekday run up,, with plenty of burley

try and get a spot here on the weekend is like winning lotto
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE