Thread: Hull river

Hull river

Hey all I'm heading down to mission beach next week and plan on fishing the hull river. I'm going to be putting my boat in at south mission(hull river).
    Just wondering if there is anyone out there that can give me a bit of a heads up on where to look for some fish,and what the boat ramp and river itself is like. Any info would be appreciated.
    Cheers Marty

Re: Hull river

Hey bud, the Hull is pretty big and I have followed it upstream for a few kms. The boat ramp is excellent and is the only one in the area with a plontoon. Fishing the hull can be hit and miss though (surprisingly for a big river). If you head upstream it forks off to the left and right. I think there are more options on the left side, hit the snags. But I will give you my #1 hint- you light gear with light jigheads eg gulpd prawns...even as light as 16lb leader..You may just pick up a few winter barra!....If you get good weather head out the mouth and troll for macks.....Be careful though as there are exposed sand bars in the river and lots of leather logs!
    Hope this helps
    Gone fishin', be back at dark-thirty!