Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've got worms

I've got worms

I have finnaly nailed the dark art of beach worming.Went down to Coonar Beach earlier today with a mate and got some tuition on the subject.I got about 15 worms with Alvey pliers,pulled the heads off a few though.Whitting fishing here I come !

Nice work buddy, always a great feeling when you get them sorted. One tip I'd give you is to learn to grab em without pliers, it damages the worms and they won't keep as well.

Re: I've got worms

you know you can get cream for that...

I wondered how long it would take for a funny remark on my thread title Wanyno60.

aussie-stu

That is my next goal,no pliers.My mate said the sand at Coonar is very compacted or dense and is harder to pull the worms than on Fraser or Goldy beaches.

I found it easier without pliers . Bought them but got frustrated and tried my fingers and got worms .

Quote Originally Posted by wayno60 View Post
    you know you can get cream for that...
    suppositories work better
    The Rainbowrunner
    Peter Hansler
    phansler@hotmail.com
    Click here for my webpage
    Click here for my videos

Give a man a fish, he'll eat it and fall asleep.

Teach a man to fish and he'll endanger an entire species

Oi Giffo. How many did you get?? Only 15??
    You better go and practice some more and get into them. But don't use them all for bait.
    I reckon they'd be nice in a Spag Bol type of gear for tea.
    They'd be easier to clean then the whiting too.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

My mate has been getting some 40cm whitting with beach worms,best eating fish in the sea IMO.

Finga
    Worm Bolognaise

Top stuff, it's a good feeling when you get your first. Persistence pays of in the long run. When I was learning the fine art not so long ago, there was hours apon hours on the beach with little results. Tried the pliers but I couldn't get the feel for them.

After finally getting the right technique, now I've got Lis and my 7 year old girl pulling them up, and we love it!
    Good things come to those who bait

Good work Giffo. Always harder to learn later in life. Used to catch them for pocket money as a kid at Hawks Nest in NSW. Me and my brother would go and grab a 100 and sell them to the sports shop for 6c a worm. I think he used to pass them on for 2 bob. A great skill to have in your arsenal mate.

I have always thought that the use of pliers is a bit like going to a brothel.

In the words of Pauline "Please explain"

Quote Originally Posted by Oh Gee View Post
    Oooooooo.....I hope so, I've got a pair at home that I haven't played with in a while....might just get them out when I get home.

suppositories work better

No way............... You may as well stick them up your bum.

Quote Originally Posted by Giffo65 View Post

In the words of Pauline "Please explain"
    I think he is saying that using pliers is like paying for a r*&t. Using your hands is like being a stud and getting them for free and at will. Dont know about that analogy but I reckon pliers is cheating Giffo. You now need to learn either the pinser or thumb squeeze method. Personally I am a thumb squeeze guy!