Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LED lights for boat

LED lights for boat

Just arrived today. 5m 5050 LED light with controller and remot. Only cost $14 delivered from flea bay. Can't wait to put them in boat. I have bought similar product from different person and they are awesome. Fingers crossed. Best part is my wife searched found and ordered them. What a woman! Only took a week to get here.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ausfish Platinum Member bigjimg's Avatar

Re: LED lights for boat

How the hell can they make them for that.Keen to see what it looks like lit up.Jim
    Last edited by bigjimg; 10-07-2012 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Ole sausage fingers again.
    Haines Signature "FinaLeigh" 580F 135 Optimax
    CH 81 & 72 VHF

So does that mean that the light strip can do all those different colours? That's a lot of colours....

I guess so walruslike, if the weather stays like this then i will get it wired up this weekend and i will post some pics then(if they work)
    as for price bigjimg maybe that is what they cost and we just pay a huge markup.

They come with 3M adhesive backing but will probably put a bead of silicone to help secure them any thoughts?

put the silicone flush at top, ie, smooth out to stop any water build up.
    just my 2c
    mick

hey dreamin, I have just ordered two rolls of the same leds for my boat, love the fact that you can dim them down and adjust the colour to what you need, mine should get here next week.
    Don’t take life too seriously, It isn’t permanent

Blythy they look the gear can't wait to put them in the boat! Looks like the weather is going to be crap on weekend so i will put them in then. I will post pics soon

Quote Originally Posted by Still_Dreamin View Post
    Just arrived today. 5m 5050 LED light with controller and remot. Only cost $14 delivered from flea bay. Can't wait to put them in boat. I have bought similar product from different person and they are awesome. Fingers crossed. Best part is my wife searched found and ordered them. What a woman! Only took a week to get here.
    Where did you get there from? I might get some myself.
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

Make sure you look after that control1er, dont think they are salt water friendly
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

my mate has had them for a couple of months and loves them although the controller is tucked away. I was going to get some myself but forgot all about them. Not sure if they are the same model but his you could separate them into 1 metre lengths if needed.

i have bought "waterproof" leds online before that leaked like sieves and stuffed up about 6 months after purchase. they were just pressed plastic seals and at least 1/2 were rusted when i started opening them. and you only need 1 to go for every one after it to switch off too. bought some more from jaycar that look much better but no longer take the chance. my leds are now inside 19mm clear tubing and have been for 3 years now. and what garry said about the remote. it needs a waterproof phone cover. they look funky tho and reckon plenty of fun there. spose you can set up strobe functions and stuff too. pumped up stereo, flashing disco lights, cold beeries. rock on!
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

20120711_193030.jpg20120711_193056.jpg20120711_193046.jpgThanks for everyone's posts. Wired them to spare12v and they rock.

They fade strobe etc as well. I'm excited!! Wife just told me they were $19. Don't care they are awesome. Who cares if they last 6 months for 19 bucks

yep. they look great. hope you get a lot longer out of them but your right - even 6 months is a bargain.
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!