Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cannot make Crackling

Re: Cannot make Crackling

Quote Originally Posted by Agrav8_and_Lulu View Post
    Hi Troy,

I get a paper towel and dry up all the moisture from the skin. Then cut lines in the skin then dry again all between the cuts. Then I put just enough olive oil to cover the skin lightly, then salt. Then I place it in the oven for 30 min on 220-240 deg, must be preheated. After that time reduce the heat to around 180 deg.

Cheers
    Darren
    I do pretty much the same, if that still doesn't work you can put the crackling into a hot frying pan for a few minutes (crackle side down obviously), that makes it definitely crackle.. tried pork belly? this helps if it's slightly uneven and not all of the crackling works.. cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangles View Post
    Hairdryers, seriously fellas?

Just do it on a Weber charcoal bbq... problem solved..
    yep i agree with this but do fine that some times it is just the .pork dun heaps in webers and had great ones and fails but do fine heat can be the ( KEY IS THE RIGHT HEAT)and all done same way never change only pork weight has changed i just rub oil in salt at my taste 1-2 but then rub the salt in the skin well to but each to the own good luck .

Get another wife, one that can cook.

And get you beer

And owns a boat

Just did a roast pork this arvo..........nice crispy crackle..........mmmmmmmm Geez it was good,toasted under the gorilla.

Dan