Thread: ramps goldcoast

ramps goldcoast

can anyone tell me a good safe ramp to use at night when fishing the nerang or out towards the seaway now that the sundale bridge is closed it was good there plenty of light no one touched your gear any help would be greatly accepted

Re: ramps goldcoast

http://goldlinq.com.au/workspace/ass...l-4f78aeec.pdf

Two options are listed. Suggest you attach two suitable guard dogs, one to either side of the winch post of the trailer if you are intent on fishing at night from either of these ramps IMHO.

Might be safer to get the boss to take the trailer home and come back when your ready to pull out.?

Cheers
    Chimo
    What could go wrong.......................

The ramp behind Seaworld is fine.. never had a drama yet
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

It was fine for me too Gary until a nice person destroyed a lock breaking in to my vehicle; and that was during the day......

Cheers
    Chimo

Chimo, thats not good to hear. Done a few night trips and never had issues there, maybe its the days that are an issue
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

I hope so for your sake!

Ausfish Silver Member Swanie1975's Avatar

you could use the grand hotel ramp cos most of the muppets you strike during the day will be gone. just take the normal precautions and dont leave anything in sight or easy reach to tempt the light fingered. cross fingers ive had no dramas yet.

good dual lane ramp with pontoon and lights with easy access to the seaway and just a short cruise thru the 6 knot zone past marina mirage to the mouth of the nerang.

cheers ryan

Yep the grand for the seaway and surrounding waterways, or if you heading up the river theres two you could try. Theres one on Isl Capri or the one i use most, T.E Peters drive right behind the convention centre. From there is a short putt out to the main river and it brings you out just up from the Bundall rd bridge.

I always preferred Biggera Waters ramp for the Seaway area, or Isle of Capri for lower Nerang River, when I fished the Gold Coast. Anywhere BUT Grand Hotel or Seaworld where the yobbos hang out.
    Fishing- It's only an addiction if you're trying to quit.

the seaway ramp is fine.. ive got a trailer lock just incase and just make sure before you go your car is completely emptied of anything valuable (before you leave home that is) If people are gunna break into your car... well they just are anyway...

I used to fish at possibly the worst spot known to fisho's for this kind of crapp. (point perpendicular at jervis bay) I used to leave the car unlocked and completely emptied, even with the glove box opened etc. Heaps of times i would come back to find most of the other cars had broken windows except mine.
    I like the dogs tied to the trailer idea lol
    Oh yeah 95% of the times i fish at night.
    dont knock on deaths door... ring the doorbell and run... death hates that!!

if im going out to get some poddies ill head out from biggera creek, im just torn between a really busy boat ramp with the yobs from the grand hotel or biggera being very secluded/quiet of a night.

Nathank

LOL Hired a car on that island in the middle of the Pacific that is the USA before you get to the big lump of it and a condition of the hire was that you had to leave the car unlocked and windows down when ever you parked it. Same as you boat ramp. Maybe the way to go here is to tow with an old Fergi tractor and be done with it. Getting back to broken windows and stuffed locks really did take the gloss off going fishing.

Cheers
    Chimo