Thread: camping with trailer boat within 500km from brissy

camping with trailer boat within 500km from brissy

Hi All,

Am looking to drag the family and my boat (6m plate) on a tent camping holiday towards the end of this month for a about a week 10 days.
    Looking like some friends may be joining us and the stipulation (by them not me) is to keep within a 500km radius of home (Brissy).
    1770 or there abouts sounds like the obvious area but am looking at all options , if anyone has an ideas/experience on some spots where I can stay/explore I would really appreciate your input.
    Thanks.

I haven't had a boat there but Yamba seems to be a boaties paradise. Beautiful area about 3.5 hours south.

Big inlet and river system with good sea access.

Camping grounds on river near mouth. A number of excellent beaches. Maybe worth considering?

Re: camping with trailer boat within 500km from brissy

would be hard to go past baffle creek if it warms up.jack capital of oz, plus prawn and crab and plenty of campiing options

sorry but 6mt boat may be a bit big unless you go out front

Burrum Heads, Council van park right on water, private one adjacent (well they claim on the water, but its about 3 foot of one boundary)
    But if your going with friends, consider getting a house, its a holiday town, huge amount of houses available and with a big boat and friends along, give you more room and security.

Camping at Woody Head (just north of Iluka) has plenty going for it. 1770 is another great option
    Hervey Bay may also be an option with the inside of Fraser available to explore if the weather is bad. Inskip point will give you plenty of options as well
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Pancake Creek if you are going to boat to your camping area. Good camping near the mouth in a well protected inlet that is safe and open to the seas in most weather. Means driving to 1770 or Turkey beach for the launch site then boating the 50odd km there.
    Jack.

Pancake is a great place,but a 6m plate boat is a bit large through Jenny lind and mangroves,done it in a 4.5m and squezzy.Across the bay from 1770 is fine,about 17 ks to Bustard Head.What about Northern NSW,Tweed,Brunswick or Ballina,some good caravan parks for the family to stay in, and access to the ocean,they are still bars though .

All places mentioned are good.

I'll throw in Hervey bay. reasons.

you can fish in any weather.

Gateakers bay if the wind is blowin from the SE, Moon point up to Wathumba and Roonies for the extended trips and of course, down the striats and both Susan and Mary rivers. Let's not forget Lenthals Dam is very close as well for a crack at the freshwater species.

H/bay has many good van parks with Wanderers the choice.

Even pop up the road to Burrum Heads & Toogoom.

And for something different....... Urangan Pier can surprise.

Budget and palnning will of course come into it, and Fraser Island is a favourite.

The Northern NSW rivers etc are very popular and deservedly so.

Maybe Rules Beach near Baffle Creek. Elliot Heads is another great spot with a variety of fishing options.

There are so many places on offer, the choice is hard. Do some research and do as you have done here, ask the question.

Once you think you've narrowed it down or made a choice, ask the question here in respect of that particular place ans you are sure to get good , first hand , info.

cheers LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here