Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Shimano reel

Re: New Shimano reel

Quote Originally Posted by softplasticsdude79 View Post
    Hey MRD,Not smartarse,just curious,What would you target with Mono ? and why would you use Mono instead of braid ?
    It can be beneficial when fishing bait with a rod you normally use for plastics, not strict but there might be time you want to throw a bait out and have only the one rod.

Good for trolling, and HB lures.

Often easier to handle in the surf or rocks.

Mono has more flex for a sitting rod, does not cut off on rocks so easily.

But for example I have an Daiwa Excelor 4000 that I use for larger plastics and lures, it has a spare spool which is good if I decide to throw a livie off the rocks or in the river.

Mono is also easier to tie fast rigs, swivel then hook.. no need for albrights or any braid to fluro leaders + sinker.

For softplastic it seems to be mostly braid, depends if you do all sp work or use as an all rounder.

Dan

Keep to the topic.........................

Cheers LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    Keep to the topic.........................

Cheers LP
    I did not think it was that far aside that a moderating comment was warranted.

Dan

There was a bit of " personal " stuff in some posts, hence they were deleted. Simple. Also some were typing words that were obviously meant to be " swear " words with #@# and the like.

A lot of kids read this site.......... it is " G " rated.

Just doin' me job, boss, just doin' me job.

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by softplasticsdude79 View Post
    Hey MRD,Not smartarse,just curious,What would you target with Mono ? and why would you use Mono instead of braid ?
    At the risk of going off topic- anyone fishing ANSA still use mono more often than not for pre-test breaking strain. Although yes there are braids out there now that are pre-test I believe. So if you are going for some records with light stuff I still would go the mono.

You might find Rareniums going cheap, because the new X-ship Rarenium CI4+ has already been released in Japan.

Rarenium CI4+.jpg

The rotor appears to be the same as the Sustain FG's (called "magnumlite"). The Shimano Japan site states the new Rarenium CI4+ C3000 has a "practical drag" of 3.5kg & "max drag" of 9kg. The current Rarenium, which has been available in Japan for over 3 years, is stated as having a "practical drag" of 3.5kg & "max drag" of 10kg (for the C3000). Make of that what you will...

I would be interested to know if the Rarenium has carbon fibre drag washers, so next time someone is doing routine drag stack maintenance maybe they could please post an answer. I know the Stradic 3000FJ and Sustain 2500FG both have oiled felt drag washers.

I have just got the new Rarenium CI4 c3000 and it doesnt have carbon fibre drag washer. It is the only thing i am disappointed with, it is a fantastic reel otherwise. I havent really put it to the test only used it twice on sooty grunters and it works a treat. Got some sooties up around 1.5kg on it and its nice and smooth with a 10lb fluoro leader.

well,i have since christened it with a fair few large flathead and some school jew,has handled them all brilliantly and its a dream to hold and use all day,Glad i brought it,and its gonna be hard going back to daiwa now for my style of lure fishing.Daiwa does not have the super smoothness this rarenium has,at least the freams and legalis that i owned anyway,would still like to fish with a Sol one day.