Thread: Telegraph Fishing fines NSW

Telegraph Fishing fines NSW

Saw this good to see them getting the bad ones and even locking some up!!!!
    http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1226417143904

Re: Telegraph Fishing fines NSW

Saddest part of it that the increase is put down to a new penalty of not having a lic on you. So even if you have it, can be identified , can prove you paid for it and can even fax them a copy they are no longer interested. Hearing from a 50yo mate who is the most rule abidling bloke on earth show them the picture of lic on his mobile and still cop a fine is just piss weak and revenue raising. In this day and age they can look log in mobile to the database and see he had paid. Notice how 50% of the focus in the article is on how many $ they had fined. No education in the article at all.

Fishing lic are a joke. Trying to keep up to date with all the rule changes between them and boats is a job in itself. It is the spirit of the rules that is important not petty enforcement. . The serious offences should be persued but not having a original lic on you is a petty thing being enforced in a petty way. Fisheries and their officers will get no respect long term if they act in that manner.

Re: Telegraph Fishing fines NSW

Quote Originally Posted by cormorant View Post
    Trying to keep up to date with all the rule changes between them and boats is a job in itself.........
    The serious offences should be persued but not having a original lic on you is a petty thing being enforced in a petty way. Fisheries and their officers will get no respect long term if they act in that manner.
    It is a very petty thing.
    Sure....cop the ticket but it should be repelled once the original has been sighted at a Police Station.
    I was nabbed once for having the dog is a supposedly wrong spot on the beach.
    The inspector said for me to show ID. I said "who the bloody hell carries their id on a walk along a beach?"
    Apparently no excuse.
    Things got bad to worse until the coppers turned up and said Gidday Scotty.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good