Thread: Gold Coast Marlin Charter

Gold Coast Marlin Charter

Hello there, I am planning to chase my first Marlin from the Gold Coast area.
    Which Charter Operator (that isn't too expensive) would you recommend?

Kev

Re: Gold Coast Marlin Charter

R U 4 REEL are very good.

Timbo
    HEAD DOWN BUM UP!

The seaprobe boys regularly target marlin with the right equipment when the season is on , they are one of the better operators on the Goldie have a look at their web site ...Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Billy normally does some good deals through winter for Blue Marlin fishing days. Been a few Striped Marlin and good Yellowfin about off the coast lately too.

http://www.australianmarlin.com/

Cheers,
    Myles
    "Elempi" American Bertram 33, 3208T Caterpillar power

Thanks guys will get in contact with these charters.

cheers
    Kev

check out mistriss

http://www.fishingmistress.com/

they get em good

All the ones mentioned above are good choices. Ross McCubbin from Lucky Strike Charters would have to be added to that mix. 0428 729 393 Pretty hard to track down. I had to go onto his Facebook. He also does estuary charters for flathead etc. Normally out of a 34' Black Watch called Lucky Strike IV. I think he will be one of the cheaper ones but one of the best. I am guessing his boat rate would be in the $1300-1600 range so with 4 aboard for a good chance of getting one you might be talking $325-400ea. I'd say Gav from Seaprobe might be cheaper per head on a day to day sort of charter boat but the more people aboard, the less chance of actually getting one.

Yes Smithy, Rossie is very good, pretty sure he cleaned the boys up in their latsest challenge.

Think he got like 38 fish since christmas, well some crazy amount anyway.

I know Gav does it too but think he will be hittin the bottom bash now.

Timbo
    HEAD DOWN BUM UP!

I only left Rossie out Smithy because I want sure what he was up to now, after he was running Cjig. Definitely a man for the job down the coast.

I'm not sure how much general charter Brett is doing with Mistress these days, but definitely worth a call. Brett is a good skipper and they catch plenty!

Cheers
    "Elempi" American Bertram 33, 3208T Caterpillar power

Mistress does a lot of private fishing, saw Barry saw only 6 fish to others this season, so I would look to the other.

But you are right Baz and Brett know their stuff.

Timbo
    HEAD DOWN BUM UP!