Thread: Fishing Bribie Island

Fishing Bribie Island

Went fishign at Bribie Island in particular Red Beach after reading reports of good catches of Whiting. Well I arrived today and fised the falling tide with live fresh blood worms any only manage two small whiting around 15cm. So i decide to move and try another spot just outside Cornetts supermarket and the results nothign spectular four more summer whitting and a couple of winter/trumpter whiting. My question is am i in the right place to catch whiting? and what is best tide? and bait for whiting fishing in this area?

Re: Fishing Bribie Island

Yes your in the right spot at red beach and bait and try run up tide and a bit early yet August and at that time try koolamrra resort on the surf side its south of the surf club,cheer chris.

Thanks for the info Chris i will be trying these spots regularly over the next 6-8 weeks. So hopefully i will find the feeding schools its a bit harder when your landbased but im sure i will manage a feed if i work at it.

Hi
    Went to Bribie Monday for a fish. Somewhere between the Bongaree ramp and Cornetts and you should get some. Managed a couple but nothing to write home about.
    Gonna take a walk to Caboolture River mouth tomorrow arvo. Usually pick up a few and saw a couple of nice Taylor this arvo so might even take an extra rod for a set of gangs and a pilly.

Ronnie

Thanks for the info Ronnie. I've fished the caboolture river mouth lately plenty Of good flathead and whiting around there have also been some nice talkie but I just can't get a cast out to where they are feeding as I'm land based. Once I get my 16ft custom surf rod finished I'm sure I be able to cast to them and hopefully catch a few. Also set your pots for muddied mate of mine has been getting a few in the caboolture river

Matt

Hi
    I to are landbased during the week. Haven't attempted to do the big boat by myself yet. Probably could but is just as easy to get the exercise and walk to the mouth. Went to the ramp this arvo but apart from Toadies and undersize bream there was bugger all else.

Was talking to a fella tonight and has been getting a few muddies. Don't like them myself, sooner a sand crab.

Probably take a walk around lunch time tomorrow. Its a fair walk but could do with the exercise. Might walk off a kilo or two as I have stopped smoking and taken up eating.

Will let you know how I go.

Ronnie

Haven't been surf fishing lately, but when I go over Woorim side, it's hit and miss on the gutters. Either you fill a bucket in an hour, or you just catch the scavengers in which case find another gutter.

do ink the fishing is sometimes bad due to the pro netters going throught the surf beaches regulary?

Hi
    That could be a possible reason. have seen them and looks to me not alot of fish left once they have gone through.

Hopefully going for a boat ride in the river at weekend. maybe a nice flatty for tea Saturday night if the lucks any good.

Ronnie

I've found it a bit quiet here on Bribie and in the Caboolture river since the last lot of fresh but both should start to pick by next week especially on the makeing tide.
    Martin