Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Land Based Jew Spinning Rod

Re: Land Based Jew Spinning Rod

Bondy the rod Jon is looking for the penn big game / rovex aureus are great tailor rods. Cheap, light and durable. Being a composite they can take some descent knocks as mine have and keep going strong. Casting distance is damn good as well.

Hi Guys

Penn Big Game 10ft are great 15-30 lb , strong ,light ,power full casts ,easy to hold and fish

But my go to started out as Nitro Messiah 3pce 13ft - 15-30 lb was too long and awkward , i wanted to flick it but
    had a few scratch's on it , so took to my rod builder mate and said can you cover with epoxy or something so doesn't look so bad

He said no , but he knows the sort of rod length i like , so he plugged the two top sections together said hold this and loaded the tip up and it felt nice and light and grunty, he said mate i can build a butt on the bottom of the top two sections

So thats what happened , and its great light as long distance special power house

BTW if anyone's in the market for a heavy awkward overpriced , heavy action, highly recommended , over priced
    poorly designed , super long casting Tiralejo 11ft spinner give me a hoy

Quote Originally Posted by childers View Post
    BTW if anyone's in the market for a heavy awkward overpriced , heavy action, highly recommended , over priced
    poorly designed , super long casting Tiralejo 11ft spinner give me a hoy

Deepfried, thanks for letting me know.

Childers and others

I have an old "Ryobi Cobra" with the words "HAPPY - PS26" written where the spinning reel sits.It's a light enough rod and I have caught tailor on this rod on the sand pumping jetty as well as the beach but I reckon it's not whippy enough to cast long distance.

If its possible to repair / modify, is there a rod builder than can do this on the cheap.

I could take a pic of it and place on here but might be impossible to place on one photo and clarity might not be good.

bondy

I think this was 12ft but tip snapped, rod has seen better days but would like to know if it can be altered to make it a 10ft

Quote Originally Posted by deepfried View Post
    You owe me a Jew fish for hot lead <>:{")(*HJ

Bondy, the rod we are talking about is not "whippy" it's got a fast action and casts a mile. At $99 it is cheap and a good choice for a tailor rod spinning rod. Just don't try and dead lift an 80cm jew over the front of a break wall with a 3m swell running. When you've gotta move, you've gotta move!

nezevic99

Thanks, can you tell me how far you can cast out with it (rough guess).

Line strength?

I would assume the length of cast is governed by the size of sinker or gms as in lure.

I was down at a beach tonight, plenty of cut up Salmon on the sand, looked like it was from last night...anyway gutter was in close, using that rod of mine that's cactus was a bit heavy, arms were getting saw after 45 casts, had to use a size 8 ball sinker (lot of sweep and incoming tide). It was hard to tell how far it cast out for, looked like 30 or 40 ft which is not far. Did fluke one chopper and foul hooked a dart.

$99.00 is a cheap buy, I have no idea of what the rod looks like and its weight. I assumed the rod was "whippy" to gain that distant cast .

Whats the actual name of that rod and specifications?

Send me a pm of the place you brought it from, name and address and phone number, not to sure if one can post such details on open forum, Ausfish might not be too keen on that so best to send me a pm

Thanks, bondy

Dont jump on the Rovex too quick , do a bit of research have heard there not really quiet the same as the Big Games

Have been told that from a tackle shop guy he also said they break ,

Also noticed land angler broke one , so im not so sure ,

I would try get Original Big Game Spinfisher , we got a couple sent ove from the states $100 landed

And a mate of mine found one from there for $69 landed within 1 week, he used to use big rods , but now just gos to Big Game for soaking baits and spinning

Cheer

Childers,

Thanks, but was not rushing into it just trying o get an idea of the specs as well as pros and cons.

"Original Big Game Spinfisher" is that the actual name of that rod?, Don't suppose you have the specs and whereabouts in the states? I tried looking for one using ebay but no joy, only cheap chinese whippy sticks maybe good for tiddler bream.

Cheers
    Bondy

Ok People, this is what my research and googling shows up on Penn Big Game Spinfisher rod.

JarvisWalker used to be agents / reseller for the above rod but they are no longer made and a deleted stock. They have not been made for quite awhile.

JarvisWalker stated that "Finnor Fury" is the closest match for Penn Big Game Spinfisher rod and is available from Complete Angler.

I don't know whether JarvisWalker is pissing in my pocket or they know what they are talking about.

Penn Big Game Spinfisher rod has a reputation of being the best in the business for its purpose...don't now why it was stopped in production, maybe company had a a merger or the maker / builder of tghat rod died or decided to shift house and could not be bothered about making it.

I guess that's progress for you

Also, Brett at Ballina Bait and Tackle only has the 11ft modles at the same price i.e. $99.00

I guess 10ft must be a very popular rod.

So forget about searching to buy a Penn Big Game Spinfish rod unless someone dies in 100 years , by that time you too will be pushing up daisies.

Cheers, Bondy

specks above read back , Can still get em in usa if your after one , of just walk in to Bfc and find something you like

Childers,

BCF I've been into a few times and always charge like a wounded bull.

I tried searching in USA but could not find anything, correction there was one site via Amazon, then the buggers said they dont ship outside USA.

I'll send you a pm
    Bondy

Nothing wrong with the 11' model Bondy. Its the length i use all the time. I might even pop into bretts and pick up a spare myself.

Bondy if you get really stuck ,

You could always whack a Sea Martin on yer Ryobi Cobra" with the words "HAPPY - PS26" on it

Childers,

Done a search for Penn Big Game, found a place in USA via best deal or similar via a link ended up with some mob called boatbarn or similar..cut the story short...one is available for $49.00 US however USPS to Australia is another $85.00 US. makes it to be an expensive rod $134.00 US.

Is that a bit pricey or can be done better at a lower cost through a connection?

Cheers, Bondy