Thread: Lucky barstard

Lucky barstard

Im one lucky barstard!!!
    Took the Missus and little girl for a fish today up coorooman creek.
    Had my daiwa sol 2000 and Tierra rod sitting up against the rear casting deck whilst I was checking the other rod. You picked it off it went. I stood there watching it disappear it to the murky salty depths and couldn't reach in time. F)@king hell!!! Bound from the boat. ( Missus laughing her ass off).
    So tied on 3/4 oz jig head on and started casting and dragging the bottom to try and snag it.
    No luck.
    Thought it was gone and went back to fishing about 20m from where it went overboard.
    You wouldn't believe it 30min later fishing away with my other sol.
    I feel a dead weight as I'm winding in to re-bait.
    My hook comes up with another line on it, looked at the Missus rod and her line is still tight.
    Your joking I say to myself.
    Grab the line from my hook and start pulling it in and up comes my rod and reel with fish still attached.
    F$:king sickle fish!!!
    Reel had mud stuck up under spool and around bail arm so gave it a quick rinse with some fresh water.
    Just glad to have got it back.
    So off to daiwa for a service she goes.

Lucky barstad.

Re: Lucky barstard

Oh thats so good. Know how it feels to see a nice outfit go overboard.
    Was in the tinny up the river, middle of winter, trackies, shoes, jumper and over the back of the boat goes my rod. Over the back of the boat i go. Must of nearly dived on top of it i reckon. Managed to grab hold of it. Worst part was trying to drag myself back in the tinny. Even worse-- getting back to jetty at private ramp soaking wet and having to explain why. Home for shower to warm up, dry clothes and back out again.

Glad you got it back.

Ronnie

Yep I watched two overhead tlds go over when the bait board wasn't tight enough. Jumped in after them but they went quickly

dumb luck is great hey had the same thing happen to me out at mud island at the start of the year shimano stradic and a livefiber rod up against rear casting deck over she whent to slow to grab it pissed u could say 10 min later i see the butt sticking up out of the water motor over pick it up wind it in 50 cm squire go figure.