Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fraser, Family and Fun. June 2012 report.

Re: Fraser, Family and Fun. June 2012 report.

Great read phil, getting up there in october with any luck just starting to warm up for plenty of cold tins, btw fantastic looking camp oven pics that pork and pizza looked amazing got hungry just looking at them. well done!

My report is pretty simple.
    Six days on the island at Waddy Lodge with 6 other blokes. Two boats in tow.
    Thirtyfive 30 packs of beer consumed plus countless litres of spirits.

Well what else do you do when it's raining and blowing 30 knots every day. EXCEPT THE DAY YOU PACK UP TO COME HOME !!!!!!

PS - secret squirrel - had a car topper which found its way into a little creek system which produced 10-20 mudcrabs a day :-)

Brett

So you are permitted to have a contained fire?? Heard so many different stories on wether you are allowed or arent???

Phil Notice you have some type of roof mounted 'rod holder' just behind the top of the windscreen to secure your big rods. Can you supply any info about make, type, supplier etc.

Much appreciated.

Thanks for sharing Phill, great read mate and great pics.
    I feel like I was there with ya And wish I was I must say.

Cheers
    BINGO

Quote Originally Posted by stewy78 View Post
    So you are permitted to have a contained fire?? Heard so many different stories on wether you are allowed or arent???
    All restrictions are on the DERM website. http://www.derm.qld.gov.au/parks_and_forests/ " contained " fires are OK, but this depends on " firebans ", and those bans are posted on the info pages on the site. It will also depend on the Ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by Raddish View Post
    Phil Notice you have some type of roof mounted 'rod holder' just behind the top of the windscreen to secure your big rods. Can you supply any info about make, type, supplier etc.

Much appreciated.
    It isn't a rod holder. It is small lengths of that hollow foam the goes around air con / hotwater pipes. Zippy tie at one end, place rods in and zippy tie it closed. Once this is in place I used an occy strap on the longest rod to tie it off to the roof rack.

Home made, but works a treat.

cheers LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

great report phill

only a few weeks till september school holidays and ill be up there for 2 weeks

camping over at awinya creek and totaly self sufficient including a small ice machine for the rum and cokes at night

hope we get the same sort of weather as you got

cheers

Great report Phill and great pics. Them Pirates must have steady hands to get such intricate ink on with a Ye Olde Ink Gun! ARRGHHhhh me sleeve be complete aaaaarrggghhhh.

Quote Originally Posted by SCOTTYGC View Post
    great report phill

only a few weeks till september school holidays and ill be up there for 2 weeks

camping over at awinya creek and totaly self sufficient including a small ice machine for the rum and cokes at night

hope we get the same sort of weather as you got

cheers

I'll be at down Coongul for the 2 weeks with the kids - in yet another white Colorado.
    nil carborundum illegitimi

Hey Lucky Phil
    I notice you had a camp ovan?? I am heading up for a boys week away on Fathers day and have been advised that there is a total fire ban on fraser island except for in Waddy point top camp ground and dundaburra camp ground? Where did you guys camp? And did you know about the fire ban?

Yes I knew about the fire bans, mentioned all that in my previous posts.

PM sent.

Camp ovens are OK if you use " manufactured fuel " that is... heat beads etc... not wood/ cardboard etc..... as they are a " contained fire ".

cheers LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by GBC View Post
    I'll be at down Coongul for the 2 weeks with the kids - in yet another white Colorado.
    keep an eye out for the red defender wagon