Thread: whiting on what tide please help.

whiting on what tide please help.

hey guys i went out today any pumped just enough yabbies hoping to hook into some whiting tomorrow.
    My question to any serious anglers is what tide would be the best to try and get onto a couple whiting.I haven't fished for whiting for years and wouldn't have a clue whens the best part or the tides to catch em.
    My only thoughts so far maybe high tide as the water will be over the sand flats and i guess the whiting might move in and suck the yabbies out of there holes would fishing the high tide be my best bet. any comments or help is greatly apreciated please guys.

Thanks Bron

Re: whiting on what tide please help.

you have it prety well sorted, high tide the Whiting will be way up in the shallows (as long as it is fairly quiet) and as the tide drops, they will fall back into the deeper holes and channels.

Re: whiting on what tide please help.

Fish the very last of the run out and the very start of the rising. They tend to sit in the deeper water right next to the banks waiting to swim up. The major upshot of doing this is that they tend to be less spread out than when feeding on the banks.

Cheers, PP