Thread: New Penn reel

New Penn reel

A lot of you may have already seen the big Penn sales going on with great prices on the Spinfishers and Slammers. I picked up a 460 Slammer with a spool of 300 yards of 20 lb braid for $95 delivered. Had I waited a few more days I could have saved the 10 bucks delivery and go the same deal for $85.

I think this link is why. There is a new Spinfishers on the way, a sealed version at that.

http://pennreels.com/products/reels/...s/spinfisher-v

Re: New Penn reel

Lots of places have them on sale at the moment. I lashed out on 4 of the 950ssm's at $99.00 each with a free spool of 50lb Rovex Viros braid. Cant go wrong at that price.

Penn has really got their shit together recently. I bought a Penn Fathom and it is a great reel for the money and a far superior reel to the other reels in its class(saltist and torium). Carbon drag@ 25lbs, double dog and full metal frame with cast control and the reel also came fully greased.

Change of owner with the Penn dealership in Australia could see a delay in the reels being sold here in the short term.

Just ordered the 760 Slammer can't wait to try it out!

hey guys, where are you purchasing these reels from.

Cheers

Charkbait. Not as cheap as you might get on ebay but a first rate shop and highly reguarded in the US.
    The first reel it got was a Penn Baja Special. It is another reel that is not available here yet but has been sold in the US for ten years.

Just ordered a 950ssm penn spooled up with 80lb tuf line braid. Great price, got it from mo tackle, they have some good specials on at
    the moment. Also got a free spool of 300yards of rovex 20lb braid for another reel i have.

Cheers Mick

Quote Originally Posted by diabolical View Post
    Charkbait. Not as cheap as you might get on ebay but a first rate shop and highly reguarded in the US.
    The first reel it got was a Penn Baja Special. It is another reel that is not available here yet but has been sold in the US for ten years.
    What a great reel! and a great shop. and the Baja is still made in the USA.and has a very strong gear ratio, and..............................

Sent you a PM Two Dogs, just type in on Google Penn slammer and it will come up. anglerswarehouse had mine delivered in 2 days.

If the new one is not made in USA, it will make your 3rd gen spinfishers more valuable. the ss, not ssm. JMO

just a quick question reggy, the ssm stands for spinfisher metal, the ssg is spinfisher graphite. What makes the 3rd gen better ? And i am not sure why made in the USA is such a great thing anyway, the yanks are far from leading in the industry.

Quote Originally Posted by wave dancer View Post
    just a quick question reggy, the ssm stands for spinfisher metal, the ssg is spinfisher graphite. What makes the 3rd gen better ? And i am not sure why made in the USA is such a great thing anyway, the yanks are far from leading in the industry.
    The SS is for skirted spool. I think the USA made products use better materials. I have spent a couple of years on usa sites and the third gen SS is by far the most highly regarded. (excluding the Torque)
    Some of PENN`s latest offerings like the Baja 113hn, the Torque conventionals, and the Torque spinners are very classy reels.
    I know many Americans won`t touch a Chinese made Senator.
    Good secondhand USA made Senators sell for more than new Chinese ones.

Having said that, I know the Chinese can make a very good product. Jigging Master is a fine example.