Thread: Which braid for Stradic FJ 2500

Which braid for Stradic FJ 2500

Hi All ,

I am promised a new Stadic FJ 2500 for my birthday and want to put some braid on it. Usually use fireline but have been reading some ordinary reports of late.
    Only fishing estuary mostly and normally use around 8 lb. Mix of mostly bait and some soft plastics.
    I was reading some reports on Ausfish and a few guys say get heavier line as it is so thin. I am leaning towards Fins or Shimano Power Pro.

Thanks. Brad

Re: Which braid for Stradic FJ 2500

Re spooled my 2500 last night with some fresh 20lb Fins, has been good for me over the years.... but to be honest havent tried anything that's recently come out since happy with the Fins. (I use 20lb now as have lost a few decent snaps on the lighter stuff over the years)

Ive used a few braid line and ive found Sunline Super PE is a great product to use. it super thin but strong, casts a mile and holds it colour well. ive spooled my Rarenium 2500 with 8lbs and its great..

Hey Crunchy, Are you mostly targetting snapper using the 20 lb.
    Brad

you can take your pick from Fins, PowerPro, Sunline Super PE, and Fireline Exceed, all of them are good honest lines. Thickest of that lot would be Fins.
    Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by blufish View Post
    Hey Crunchy, Are you mostly targetting snapper using the 20 lb.
    Brad
    Yep...but have also managed to boat some big EC's, Jew and YTK with the same outfit on occasion (twin power 2500 with 20lb fins, 16lb FC Rock leader on a 3-6 t-curve) nice combo for most snapper fishing but haven't been able to stop quite a few so also got a 5-10 t- curve with a sustain 4000 for where the bigger fish might be hanging around....it came ready spooled with unknown braid which has bust on me quite a few times lately so looking to replace, interested to see what others think, might go 40 lb fins

Chuck some berkley nanofil on it mate, 12 lb. If you are happy to wait I'll put up a pic of a 25 plus kilo GT my brother just caught on it in the Daintree. They've got plenty of fish on it and it is awesome. He is changing all his reel to it now after the last 12 months of testing. We are snapping 15lb fluorocarbon with it when we get snagged.

Thanks for the replies guys. Tempted to try the nanofil. Some good reports around. Actually good reports on most of the lines mentioned

Thanks Brad

If you go online make sure it is the US made ones. In that range 12lb is the heaviest yet in the UK it is 28lb. They are the same but in the US they have downsized the breaking strengths. 12lb US is still very thin and very strong. Casts brilliantly.

I reckon Tuffline XP is an awesome braid for spin reels since it has the round shape like fireline (but lasts alot longer since its woven). Locally it is difficult to find under 15lb breaking strain. I've used the 30lb class a fair bit and it has out-performed and outlasted a fair swag of others.