Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Double Island Lagoon netted and cleaned-out by the pro's!!!How can this be allowed???

Re: Double Island Lagoon netted and cleaned-out by the pro's!!!How can this be allowe

Supplying tiles, carpet, vinyl and blinds Mal - the field I was in before I spent a decade trying to remove nets from Teewah Beach ... unsuccessfully. Living beside the beach at Dampier and very happy about that - is queenies, gt, goldens and school mackerel visible every day and within casting range of the beach or rocky outcrops. Just been playing with queenies and gt that absolutely love 25 gram Sliders - is too easy and a hell of a lot of fun except the larger gt tend to be sharked. Am looking for a suitable tinny to get me amongst the archipelago where spaniards are said to be prolific ... amongst plenty of other species.

Haven't heard anything further on what's happening with Council and their efforts at removing nets. Am receiving reports of fish being caught at Teewah over the last few weeks and am pleased I'm here.

Ausfish Silver Member
    Blog Entries

Re: Double Island Lagoon netted and cleaned-out by the pro's!!!How can this be allowe

Hi Malby New Moon on the 27th June a couple of days either side should be the go. Will be in touch early next month

Quote Originally Posted by Slider View Post
    Supplying tiles, carpet, vinyl and blinds Mal - the field I was in before I spent a decade trying to remove nets from Teewah Beach ... unsuccessfully. Living beside the beach at Dampier and very happy about that - is queenies, gt, goldens and school mackerel visible every day and within casting range of the beach or rocky outcrops. Just been playing with queenies and gt that absolutely love 25 gram Sliders - is too easy and a hell of a lot of fun except the larger gt tend to be sharked. Am looking for a suitable tinny to get me amongst the archipelago where spaniards are said to be prolific ... amongst plenty of other species.

Haven't heard anything further on what's happening with Council and their efforts at removing nets. Am receiving reports of fish being caught at Teewah over the last few weeks and am pleased I'm here.
    The Spaniards (at times) can be right in close to the boat ramp there at Dampier, on more than one occassion I had trolled some up within 1km of the ramp. The local Barra and Jacks are a bonus too. I lived there for a few years and have only just moved back, top place of the world and am awaiting my chance (maybe in a few years time) to go back. Feel free to PM me for any local info I can provide you, happy to help. Am looking forward to getting to Teewah this June or July too, which will be a first for a few years.
    Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt, fish or ride.

Hi Malby New Moon on the 27th June a couple of days either side should be the go. Will be in touch early next month
    Thanks MM.

I'll be up at DI quite a few times prior to that but by then I have other stuff on unfortunately.

Hopefully I can put the boys onto a few Tailor, Bream or good old Dart over that time.

Going to try the plastics for Dart next time also so expect reports starting in the next few weeks.

Any tips are always welcome guys.

Cheers,

Mal