Thread: Navionics. Charts. Green zones

Navionics. Charts. Green zones

I have a gold chart. But no green zones. Is this an add on ?

Re: Navionics. Charts. Green zones

The green zones are only a purple outline on the nav maps on iPhone app and gets confusing as all the caution areas an harbour areas etc are marked as purple outlines too.. They are not shaded areas and the purple lines with 'marine national park zone' only show up when zoomed in a fair bit. Should be the same on gold card.

Mate, we have the gold navionics charts. The Green Zones are on them, (no add on needed)...they are however marked in quite small font so you need to look carefully

Tim and Trace

I just use http://www.thefishingmate.com.au/

It has all the protected zones.

That's another reason I dislike Navionics !!!
    I have the Platinum Plus and you would think for the coin they charge, you would get a LOT better product..

Garmin is fantastic and have the zones shaded so you know where you are at a glance...

Cheers
    Brett

My Garmin 551S doesn't seem to have the zones on the charts as far I can see. Do you need a special card or something?

Quote Originally Posted by mikola22 View Post
    I just use http://www.thefishingmate.com.au/

It has all the protected zones.
    I had the fishing mate app. and It was so good I deleted it from my iphone. And i wasted $8 on the thing. Wouldn't recommend it even to - Anna bligh.

Guys what's going on with this Navionics chart of Inskip point area?

It looks like it has downloaded at different times and got different versions of the chart???

Is it possible to force it to re download a small area?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1346467284.168378.jpg

Must be a map glitch - shows up the same on both my HTC and the Navionics PC Application. Not sure about on the chart plotter...

Hi Guys.

I'm getting the same. I tried changing the saftey depth setting but still no luck.

I'm pretty sure you can delete anything you have downloaded but i have forgotton the procedure.

Safe boating to all.

Regards Greg

Are there any iPad/iPhone apps that show the green zones well?

http://fishboatnav.com/

From what I have seen of this ap on Facebook it does the green zones. Local owners on the Sunshine Coast at Maleny that do the Sun2Sea UV protection shirts and stuff as well. Looks to be the goods.

I have the Navionics Gold australia card that is about 2 years old.... and from I can see there is no green zones marked at all??? I would love to get them all so I know I am doing the right thing but at the price they rip to buy the card I am not going to fork over more money to get them... an add on that showed the zones as shaded would be the way to go..
    2008 Signature 520C with the Suzuki 90 4 stroke on the back

it is a pain, i just created routes in the HDS7 so it was more distinct.

You can get all the marks of the Moreton Bay Marine Park off Ausfish thanks to Honda900.