Thread: singapore fishing

singapore fishing

has anyone fished over there before,is it worth getting a charter.
    i used to be in contact with a guy over there a few months ago,he is know back in qld i think,so hopefully he reads this thread....i cant remember his user name...
    any way if you have any info let me know,im heading there for a few days in october.
    cheers marty

Re: singapore fishing

Just got back from there yesterday as it happens but unfortunately it wasn't a fishing trip....I don't think Singapore itself has good fishing but a short trip to rompin in Malaysia and your into some of the best sailfishing grounds around and it's mid season right now.....worth checking it out I have heard but never done it personally. Travelling between sg and my is very easy with cheap flights, buses and even taxis being a viable option.

Good travels!

anyone got any info

Singapore to Rompin should cost no more than 150Aud by taxi once you cross the border to JB.......i'm in Langkawi ATM and transport over here is dirt cheap,,,,,,,,,,$100 aud for a 4 hr cab ride.

Checkout the tackle shops at beach rd singas...........

Dan
    Confidence.......the feeling you get before you fully understand the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan5 View Post
    Singapore to Rompin should cost no more than 150Aud by taxi once you cross the border to JB.......i'm in Langkawi ATM and transport over here is dirt cheap,,,,,,,,,,$100 aud for a 4 hr cab ride.

Checkout the tackle shops at beach rd singas...........

Dan
    How you enjoying Langkawi Dan? Was there last week....cheap as chips beer & food if you go to the local joints!

Go to Kuala Rompin
    "Elempi" American Bertram 33, 3208T Caterpillar power

yeah midnight i wish i could but im only there for a few days,just thought there may have been some sort of sports fishing closer to singapore city

Ah ok, I will ask a couple of mates that live in Singas

Cool thanks for that

hey midnight any luck with ya mates in singas

Sorry mate, I have drawn a couple of blanks so far, waiting to hear back from one other mate. I will let you know what turns up

Have a browse through here mate

http://rompinbluesailsfishing.com/tr...boat_specs.htm

It looks like you can easily do a days fishing in Kuala Rompin if you have 2 days the spare, maybe even 2 days on the water judging by their weekend package.

Otherwise it is looking grim around Singapore other than fishing for "vermin"

Ok, so it looks like the 2 best places to go sports fishing, if you are in Singapore, are a drive to Kuala Rompin, or a flight down to Darwin!

Doesn't look good buddy.