Thread: Landbased In Thorneside

Landbased In Thorneside

Hey guys,

Just moved to thorneside and looking for some land based spots while my boat is off the water.

Not after secret spots or anything just spots i can pull a fish or 2 in from

Thanks in advance

Justin

Re: Landbased In Thorneside

Depends on how far you are willing to travel, but you have heaps of options around that area. Some of the obvious spots would be checking out Wellington point jetty, taking a walk out to King Island, having a look around Lota. Really depends on what you want to catch, whether you want to eat it and how close it needs to be.

Quick drive around should reveal a few good locations, or a bit more info and maybe we can narrow it down a bit.

Hi thanks for the reply. Yeah sorry i realise I m being very vague!

Just looking to target the Bread and butter species - bream etc

I usually catch and release so not too fussed about eating it

Hope this helps a little bit

There is few locals at thornside I would be keeping an eye out for mate. Try down at wello point boat ramp call out Dave, good chance one of the guys throwing there boat in would be a Dave. If that fails a look around at low tide often gives up a few good spots worth a crack.

G'day

Plenty of land based options up Tingapla and Lota creeks, also Eprapah creek. Have a good look at google maps.

Dave
    PRECISION DETAILING
    For all your MARINE DETAILING needs
    www.precisiondetailing.com.au

g'day mate. few spots you can go along tingalpa creek. end of ferry road, end of molle road (ransome), fishing platform on brizzy side of creek you can walk down to from rickertt road car bridge, end of daveson road (capalaba) or boat ramp near the mouth of the creek. the rest of them require gum boots and a resilient type demeanour! as far as pulling a fish or 2... well that's why i have a boat and go elsewhere. used to catch good fish off the bank 30 years ago but its a bit tougher now.
    cheers
    davo
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

Cheers guys

Cleveland Point - high tide night time or dusk/dawn...

The canals at Aquatic Paradise at Birkdale and the canals at Raby Bay at Cleveland.

TOL