Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Updated Qld Fish ID Chart offer...

Re: Updated Qld Fish ID Chart offer...

Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post
    Great job!
    Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, so please take this only as feedback...
    Be good to see the reefies like Coral Trout, Red Emporer etc on it.
    What about no take species ??
    Probably just as important to know.
    No worries Owen,

I reckon if you can't handle some feedback, it's best not to play!!!

In my original thread (I think it was in 2010) I gave a bit of an explanation about the chart's origins.

I really started it so that I had a ready reference for the stuff I was either likely to catch, or dreamed of maybe catching one day - in SEQ.

I suppose if there was enough interest I could expand it to another double-sided page, or even one in A3.

Anyway, I hope this at least gives you an idea why it's not a comprehensive guide.

Best regards,

Steve

Commendable work!
    You can also go to http://www.daff.qld.gov.au/documents...-waters-A4.pdf and download this to your smartphone as a pdf. You then can have the full info of all fish size and take limits tidal waters. You can go to the web site as well and get the fresh water one. I find it handy at times on the sea when trying to remember so many details of particular species.

Cheers
    John
    "let not he boast who puts his armor on, as he who takes it off"

Hey Steve i can't seem to download it what am i doing wrong, and thanks for the great work.

Mark

Steve downloaded thanks mate off to get laminated cheers bill

Do not use this info - it is now out of date ...

Ausfish Platinum Member gruntahunta's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Have you ever done a new chart Steve?

Gotta Love Maroochydore.

He has not posted since 2015 so I doubt it...

Therapy...

Hello fellow Ausfishers, though I don't post anymore, and must say I don't really fish anymore, I'm back in a position to at least update the ID chart.

A reasonably thorough look over the old chart (circa 2012) revealed no changes to the bag limits or legal sizes. I have updated a few of the images to better quality ones that are now available.

Now that the file can be used electronically, as opposed to printing and laminating, I can expand the chart to include more species.

I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM AUSFISHERS ABOUT WHICH SPECIES, IF ANY, YOU WOULD LIKE INCLUDED.

The current page layout allows for 18 types to be displayed, so I don't think volume will be an issue.

PLEASE POST HERE WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE AND I'LL DO MY BEST TO ACCOMMODATE YOUR REQUESTS.

Cheers, Steve.

Re: Updated Qld Fish ID Chart offer... MINOR CORRECTION

Cant seem to download. Do we wait for you to post a new one?

Cheers
    Matthew

Re: Updated Qld Fish ID Chart offer... MINOR CORRECTION

Yes Matthew, once any additions are made. Stay tuned ...

Big fan of your chart mate, look forward to the update. Will get from boat and see if any suggestions....

Here's an April 2018 version of the ID Chart. It is not really an update because none of the bag or size limits have changed since last time.

I have upgraded some of the images, and replaced the Tuskfish with the Swallowtail Dart. That's all the changes this time.

The 2018 Version has a blue stripe down the middle of the page as a visual cue.

Enjoy, Steve.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Bazza, i love your work, it is an ongoing job keeping things up to date.

There are a number of Coral Fin fish on the chart, these should be identified as such as there are separate collective limits on these. The other interesting thing, in Qld at least is that the Rock Cod (Black Spotted Cod along with Gold Spotted Cod) although categorised as Other Tidal species they are still part of the total limits of Cod the bulk of which are Coral Fin Fish. An angler really needs to be a Philadelphian Lawyer to understand all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Bazza, i love your work, it is an ongoing job keeping things up to date.

There are a number of Coral Fin fish on the chart, these should be identified as such as there are separate collective limits on these. The other interesting thing, in Qld at least is that the Rock Cod (Black Spotted Cod along with Gold Spotted Cod) although categorised as Other Tidal species they are still part of the total limits of Cod the bulk of which are Coral Fin Fish. An angler really needs to be a Philadelphian Lawyer to understand all of this.
    Hey Dignity, the Coral Fin Fish are denoted by the white 'F' in the red circle. Are you saying I missed some ???

Also, the 'C' next to the bag limit denotes the "combined limit for species or grouping" so it shows Cod as combined limit of 5. If indeed these are also counted in the Coral Fin Fish combined total, that's a nuance I was unaware of - and as you say, would need a PL to decypher.

To be honest, I'm net even sure I could represent that on the chart.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazzawookooka View Post
    Hey Dignity, the Coral Fin Fish are denoted by the white 'F' in the red circle. Are you saying I missed some ???

Also, the 'C' next to the bag limit denotes the "combined limit for species or grouping" so it shows Cod as combined limit of 5. If indeed these are also counted in the Coral Fin Fish combined total, that's a nuance I was unaware of - and as you say, would need a PL to decypher.

To be honest, I'm net even sure I could represent that on the chart.
    Bazza, sorry I missed the "C", old eyes. I do run my own charts as I do target different species, it's bloody hard sometimes to find the right data, the qld fisheries site can be quite a minefield to work through e.g. finding g the limit on yakka for bait.