Thread: Hh help.......

Hh help.......

Hi guys,
    Been a member here for a few years and enjoy reading a few posts (seems like a tight nit group). I have tried LBG limited number of times with mixed results mainly using lures. I am headed to HH at the end of june to try my luck. Here is what I am thinking of taking, I will be Taking a Big block of pillies, a BUCKET LOAD of berly and some slugs from 25 to 85 g (and the Hobie). I have an 8 to 10kg phantom rod 10ft, 13'6 wilson live fibre i think its about 10kg, a loomis blue wate rod 7ft and a couple of smaller rods (not the best gear for LBG) but its what i have got.
    a couple of Strads 4000-8000 with 14 to 30 lb braid.
    Could i get some advice on bait rigs and what species I might expect. I was thinking Tuna Sambos and maybe tuna but not sure i would stop them with my gear. Oh yeah taking a 5m gaff.
    Also some good baid rigs if possible (i think the main reason i fish with lures is I cant catch live bait and I dont use nets)
    Cheers

Re: Hh help.......

No real advice mate, just enjoy Hat Head and stay safe.

P.S pick some cunjevoi - we used to get some cracking drummer at Tomaree 20 years ago.

Craig

June will be tough at the hat from a pelagics standpoint (cold water), feb, march, april is the time to hit the hat for the speedsters and cobes. Better of chucking a big bait of the deep ledges for a jew or maybe a snap in june in my opinion.

Scott

Yeah figure it might be a bit late but gotta have a hack. Does anyone know the cheapest place to buy a 10kg block of pillies at tweed heads

If your specifically going to fish LBG im pretty sure at that stage the water will be dead.. but hey who knows. your best bet would be to put out a live bait of some description.. yakka or slimey or gar(doubt they will be around) 10kg livebait outfit is pretty standard gear but the line capacity is what your after.. if you do hook a longtail it will most prob be a 20kg plus model and will make short work of anything under say a tld 20 or similar on 10kg. I would be taking plastics and burlying up and hoping for a jew or snapper.. good luck mate.
    dont knock on deaths door... ring the doorbell and run... death hates that!!