Thread: Cairns marlin charter suggestions

Cairns marlin charter suggestions

Hi guys, I have a mate chasing their first black marlin. Does anyone rate the marlin charters that run from Cairns? if so, which do you prefer? cheers,
    -Dan

Re: Cairns marlin charter suggestions

HI Bad Bubby, There are so many Professionals up that way & most of them are really good However may i give your mate some advice that is go small to start Plenty of small marlin around at the moment One skipper I'm sure will help your mate catch his first Bill his name is Captain DEAN BEECH Mobile 0427766876 one day recently his vessel had a good day 12-9-5 on a vessel called "Maverick" Some fish were caught on 4lb line class If you GOOGLE Captain Dean Beech you can read some details about this guy. Cape bowling green is a great area to pick up & tag small Black marlin Wish your mate the best of luck for me BUT be warned once he has caught & tagged one he will be "hooked " COBIA KEV

Tradition Charters mate, you won't go wrong.

Do a search on google

Timbo
    HEAD DOWN BUM UP!

I'd get out there now for the small ones. Dan McCarthy who runs Moana III would be a good bet. Also Sparra who has Square Bear. Once the season for big ones starts in September there will be heaps to chose from.

Thanks for those suggestions guys, they will be recorded and passed on!

Smithy: I was very tempted to book a charter with you a month ago when visiting relos in Maroochydore (a bad case of flu was the deal breaker). My younger cousins (early-mid 20's) are very keen to go out into the bluewater and I need to cross off one of my bogey species (yellowtail king). After viewing your site next time I reckon I might have to tee up something:-)

I've never seen it advertised anywhere but Pirate up there is only a little boat and I think it is survey so can do charters and the skipper is Rob. If you can track it down it will be the cheapest I reckon. Dan and Sparra would definately put your mate on fish though.