Thread: Fish processing facility

Fish processing facility

I have just ordered myself on off these. 1DF3FN1FA_zoom.jpg I've been looking around for some time now for a second hand stainless steel bench but they are'nt easy to come buy believe me and new ones cost to much.

I don't have a lot off room at my place so when I stummbled across this I thought you beauty, use as required clean it up fold it up and put it in the shed.

I normally use a plastic table out the back near the bar and it can become quite messy at times requiring plenty of hosing down and cleaning up at the end. The sink should help with the mess it has a recess around the edge so not much should end up on the ground.

I will let you know how it goes.
    Cheers Axl

Re: Fish processing facility

I made one like this cost me $15
    The bbq had been removed already.
    Used the stand from the bbq and added old sink.
    All found at dump shop ?
    bbq stand $10
    sink $5
    A sink with the holes for the tap (pics are for example)
    Find a sink that fits right mine has 2 flat sides on the sink.
    bbq.jpg sink.jpeg

I've seen some great fish processing facilities made up buy different people on this site over the years.

This one will give me time to keep looking around for something more permanente in stainless that can/will be utilised as another table when I have friends around for a BBQ.

It didnt cost an arm and a leg (105 bucks delivered) and as I dont have vast amounts of room I like the fact that I can fold this up and put it in the shed when not required.
    Cheers Axl

Ausfish Platinum Member gruntahunta's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You guys are all soft. Just use the missus's sink in the kitchen...Man up boys!

Gotta Love Maroochydore.

Quote Originally Posted by gruntahunta View Post

You clean your own fish!

My wife does all of mine.

Man up yourself!!

Cheers,
    Jim

Hi all
    Made my own table. had the frame and had the sink which i salvaged from an old caravan. Frame was an old table and the sink fitted perfectly. I used a piece of ply which was in the shed and it can be turned over if needed or replaced later when it gets grotty.

So proud of my building skills-- COST-- Priceless.

Ronnie

Attachment 81459Attachment 81461Attachment 81462

I use an old ironing board with a 350mm wide 19mm thick pine top on it. Folds up in one movement, stable and strong when erected and has lasted about 8 yrs for this one with no dramas. Picked up the ironing board at the roadside collection the council has each yr and whacked a bit on pine on top. Lots of people discard ironing boards because the cover dies, not the mechanism.
    Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by gruntahunta View Post
    I try to spend the least amount of time in the kitchen as i can. When I cook I prefer to be outside on the BBQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Boat Hog View Post
    You clean your own fish!

My wife does all of mine.

Man up yourself!!

Cheers,
    I aint gunna let my missus fillet the fish when recycling the frames for crab bait the crabs would get a better feed than us.
    Cheers Axl

Hi Guys

Just want to add the tap is removable and I have another piece of ply that I cut to fit over the sink. Table is then used in BBQ area for the plates, sauces and salads.

And by the way I fillet all the fish we catch and the crabs would be lucky to get a feed off the bones. Bout time you fella's give us girls abit of credit.

Ronnie

I just use a aluminium painters trestle. I have a couple of large cutting boards that fit on it. When I go away it doubles as a stand to load the roofrack etc. Easy to clean, stable, high enough not to hurt your back and lightweight
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

And a chainsaw to fillet the fish with lol.?
    never thought of that. (joke)

Better let the girls have a go?

I am in the process of making a fish cleaning table.. Picked up a sink for $0 and $50 of timber from bunnings.. just need to make it now !!

Cheers

Okay I ordered this on the Sunday it turned up on Tuesday you beauty when I removed it from the box I found it had been damaged (in transit?) so I rang the supplier and they advised me to email them some pics of the damage which I did.

The second/replacement table turned up today, I now have 2 of them (one slightly damaged) I havent used one as yet as it keeps bloody raining, but they certainly look alright and fit for purpose.

I cant talk stongly enough about the service that the supplier provided. I wont put there name up in a post as I dont want to anger the moderators again buy advertising (last time I scored an infraction notice) but anyone who is interested drop me a PM.
    Cheers Axl