Thread: Boromba first timers

Boromba first timers

I'm usually placing saltwater reports but this time Me and a couple I know went to boromba dam to fish for the first time. I'm first to admit I'm no expert on this style of fishing and by the sound of it the other fishos who fished the area this weekend claimed it was a bit quiet. I hope thats right because we tried everything we had and put in heaps of casts for very slim results but on the other hand this location would have to be the most beautiful place I've ever fished . The Pms and help you guys gave put us onto a couple of fish and a good feed of redclaw. Thanks for your replies. We'll be back and hopefully do a little better Still puzzled by the sounder readings of large schools of fish with arches everywhere but we couldn't get a reaction and secondly .to an old salt like me to put the boat in at the top of the tide and come back in 4 hours and still find the tide hasn't moved very cool
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2250.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	29.4 KB 
ID:	81372   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2261.JPG 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	81373   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2244.JPG 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	81374   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2246.JPG 
Size:	36.2 KB 
ID:	81375  

Re: Boromba first timers

Good on you's. You got onto a few by the looks of it. Well done.
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

reckon school of fish would have been bass schooling together to spawn,
    Live shrimp used to work really well for us in that situation
    that yellowbelly is beautifully coloured up
    The Rainbowrunner
    Peter Hansler
    phansler@hotmail.com
    Click here for my webpage
    Click here for my videos

Give a man a fish, he'll eat it and fall asleep.

Teach a man to fish and he'll endanger an entire species

I loved the fresh experience and will be back for more, so peaceful in the sticks

Quote Originally Posted by chief View Post
    I loved the fresh experience and will be back for more, so peaceful in the sticks
    Yeah its not bad in the sticks at all.
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

chief nice post mate. i recently took the boat into the dam. So awesome seeing those huge trees sticking out at sunrise n seeing the sounder read 25m, Gave the trailer a nice wash and the motor a good fresh flush too!

well done chief she is a pretty spot some mornings the fog sits halfway up the trees and you just have this white cloud above you and best of all no need to flush the motor when you get home

shane

Your spot on Shane we had the fog caressing the trees, Bloody beautiful place.

well done again Chief...i have yet to catch anything in the fresh.

salt..then fresh...next you will be posting about something you pulled out of your bathtub..you catch fish anywhere you go.

If you're lucky you'll see a few wild deer up there too.
    ~~~><))))*>

Give the place a try when it warms up - Surface luring for toga & bass is just awesome at Borumba ...... that will certainly have you coming back
    Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Mike... yeh mate saw a few already and Nagg, we can't wait. I think we'll be doing a fair few summer trips..

Cheif borumba like most Dams are just like women, looks good in the picture on the sounder but what are the feeding on and what mood are they in and what are they thinking about and weither there happy with what there being offered is weither they decide to bite lol,but with all your lureing expertize it want be long before you will come up trumps.

dam straight Chris, mate its taken me 30 years to work out my wife I hope the dam doesn't take that long