Thread: stolen rods and reels

stolen rods and reels

Hi Just found out some low life thieving scum likes my fishing gear more than me took my 2 best whiting rods 1 made by john pope with alvey reel 1 wilson bream reaper with a spinning reel on 1 5-6 foot rod made by roz I won in the river to Mud for the biggest bream a few years back that had a diawa exceller reel on and 1 othe shimano tss soft plastics rod with a 2500 sienna reel on also a cheap plastics rod
    2 of these were taken out of the boat as it was ready for a fish in the morning and 2 from the back of the shed they would of had to struggle to get past the boat to get them,
    yet they left some alvey reels all my tackle esky and electric motor
    police report has been made
    also missing a spinfisher 850 reel and 950 rod
    just thought of another 1 thats not in the shed I think it is a shimano eclipse rod and reel as well

will be checking the pawn shops over the weekend

shane

Re: stolen rods and reels

Sorry to hear that Shane, F&%^ng thieving pricks. Make sure your ready for them if they come back for more of your gear.
    Marty.

Hi marty
    yes mongrels i am not taveling the best money wise at the mo so going to be hard to replace shed is now locked but i fear the horse has bolted i also lost a worming fork from the yard a few weeks ago i should of seen the writing on the wall but we have had no trouble here until the last 8 months when they finished a housing commision block around the corner and 48 units accross the road

shane

Shane that has pissed me off that has happened to you. I will also be on the look out for ur gear and keep an ear out around the traps. Were u home when it happened?
    There are still some scumbags around teh peninsula. I had my plates pinched off my car recently and also had the front of the house damaged.
    Dean

Hi Dean
    Yes mate i think I jeard a moise at the shed wed night stuck my head out but saw nothing

going to mud in the morning are you fishing will be at the ramp 5.30 if you are will say hello

shane

Sorry to here of your loss Robersl. I hate thieves with a passion.
    What area are you in.

Hey mate if you have contents insurance give them a call on Monday.
    All the best mate and will keep my eyes open

Shane yea hopin to leave mine by 5 so will prob c ya there

Shane

That is a real mongrel act and I really do wish that these theiving scumbags get a nasty diease that causes them a very slow oozing and painful existence. If your gear heads north, I will keep and eye out for you mate.

Steve

Yep theiving pricks.I had a very simular thing happen to me years ago,i'll tell you the outcome.Rods got stolen from boat at home.Ok so my boat is insured through suncorp but they will not insure rods reals and so on because i dont have a lock up cabin.I got a miscellanious insurance on house for 2K.So if something goes missing or lost i just show receipt and all is good.(pigs arse)Told our insurer rods are stolen from boat overnight and they had me on a technicallity.Because rods were in boat and not in shed they were either in use or intended for use.They class them as sporting equipment and i got bent over from every angle.You could imagine how pissed i was.Good luck mate.

Quote Originally Posted by feral cat View Post
    Yep theiving pricks.I had a very simular thing happen to me years ago,i'll tell you the outcome.Rods got stolen from boat at home.Ok so my boat is insured through suncorp but they will not insure rods reals and so on because i dont have a lock up cabin.I got a miscellanious insurance on house for 2K.So if something goes missing or lost i just show receipt and all is good.(pigs arse)Told our insurer rods are stolen from boat overnight and they had me on a technicallity.Because rods were in boat and not in shed they were either in use or intended for use.They class them as sporting equipment and i got bent over from every angle.You could imagine how pissed i was.Good luck mate.
    Yeh i had to let my household insurance go when made redundent in march i got boat insurance and it said insured up to 500 dollars for contents so give them a ring no mate only if you have accident and it is stolen from there mmm

lol steve tell me what you really want to do to them lol

gone fishun in caboolture mate have had no trouble till housinf comm units were put up around the corner

shane

Shane
    That is the lowest of low, and likewise wish nothing but pain and misery on them.

Mark

sorry to hear that mate. those crappy angry and frustrated feelings last a long while after the "feeling violated" event. got ripped for 2k last year myself and it still pisses me off. reckon they should have left the penalty for thieving at losing a hand instead of a slap on the wrist. wouldn't be so popular then.
    best of luck in recovery and retribution.
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!