Thread: jigging 4 kingies with soft plastics

jigging 4 kingies with soft plastics

Hi i want to try jigging kings with plastics, anyone done it and if so what are the best ones, ive got plenty of 7in jerk shades i'm guessing theses will be fine, just after anyones favorites. thanks guys

Re: jigging 4 kingies with soft plastics

They will hit anything. It is more about the strength of the hooks in your jigheads and if they are up to it, depending on what tackle you are going to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
    They will hit anything. It is more about the strength of the hooks in your jigheads and if they are up to it, depending on what tackle you are going to use.
    Hey Smithy, Is there a bare minimum hooks size strength you would use, as in don't bother with anything less than X?
    thanks in advance.

Realistically you are going to be up on jighead size so stuff like TT Extreme Headhunters are the go. Even in close you pretty much need the above jigheads as Snapper will bend nearly any hook given the chance and I have the bent ones on the wall to prove it!

Hi Smithy, while where on hooks what gangs do you use, i make my own up but im having a problem when i get a half decent fish there just pulling apart. Used gama last time but they pulled apart 2 only on rat dolies.

Hardly use gangs. I snell up two hook rigs on floaters. 5/0-7/0 sort of size. Single hooks are fine too.