Thread: Boyne tannum hook up

Question Boyne tannum hook up

Can anyone tell me how the boyne/tannum hook up went and was it good/bad weather,

Re: Boyne tannum hook up

The weather outside was not that flash from a few blokes i talked to.One mate i spoke to went out in an 8 meter cat and was faced with 5 meter waves breaking at the top.Had to run in reverse just to stay on the spot.Bit mad for me.Our crew spent a few days at the top end of Curtis chaising Barra and Jacks.A few of the guys went for a troll for a spanyards around Hummicky but was very,very very rough.Even in the resonably shelted waters at Keppel Rocks i had close to 2 meters which is not that flash in a 4.5m tinnie.Great weekend as always but next year we may be blessed with better weather as it will be the May day long weekend instead.

Re: Boyne tannum hook up

Quote Originally Posted by Bouttime View Post
    The weather outside was not that flash from a few blokes i talked to.One mate i spoke to went out in an 8 meter cat and was faced with 5 meter waves breaking at the top.Had to run in reverse just to stay on the spot.Bit mad for me.Our crew spent a few days at the top end of Curtis chaising Barra and Jacks.A few of the guys went for a troll for a spanyards around Hummicky but was very,very very rough.Even in the resonably shelted waters at Keppel Rocks i had close to 2 meters which is not that flash in a 4.5m tinnie.Great weekend as always but next year we may be blessed with better weather as it will be the May day long weekend instead.
    A picture is worth 1,000 words, so here's a pretty good description. Tournament organisation just as superb as usual. Massive crowds and pretty mild weather for the evening events. Fishing was so hard we didn't bother weighing in a couple of winning fish - showers, a good feed, some stable ground and a few laughs were a much higher priority.
    Top time as always and some very good trade displays. Always worth the trip from Brisbane if you're with good friends. SUPERDAFF
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SUPERDAFF; 14-06-2012 at 11:14 PM. Reason: SPELLING MISTAKE