Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We Fish Blog - if you want to know how we are being screwed, and want to fight

Re: We Fish Blog - if you want to know how we are being screwed, and want to fight

Quote Originally Posted by yalta View Post
    wags no offence but one bloke in the face of politicians is better than 1000 blokes on ausfish doing nothing.
    You reckon??
    What difference did all the vocal (and in your face) people against carbon tax make?
    The only people a politician will listen too, and take note of, are those who will keep them in a job for another term.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Re: We Fish Blog - if you want to know how we are being screwed, and want to fight

wags no offence but one bloke in the face of politicians is better than 1000 blokes on ausfish doing nothing.
    Still doesn't answer my question. How many people were/are involved with the Snapper review and still the size and bag limits were changed. So I still can't see how 1 bloke, who I've never heard of, can make a difference. Was he involved before? If so under what name or company? If not, then why does he think he's going to change the way the government organisation operate now????

Do you really think the hours/days and weeks Phill, Barry and Bill put in to fight for the fishing sectors was doing nothing??

Meanwhile ..... at a Conservation Forum somewhere ....

"Have you guys seen Ausfish ...... wow they're so busy arguing we'll be able to sneak in a few more green zones while there busy fighting each other LOL."

Someone (yes even 1 person) doing something is better than everyone doing nothing at all.

Cheers,
    Jim

It doesn't really matter whether we argue or not - if they want green zones they WILL have them. How naive are you lot? Have you all forgotten how many manhours went in before the election for the fishing sectors? And yet you still think/say that this one bloke is the only person doing something. Are you now going to play along with this new bloke and turn your backs on the guys who put in all the hard yards? Ffs gfy.

Quote Originally Posted by Boat Hog View Post
    Meanwhile ..... at a Conservation Forum somewhere ....

"Have you guys seen Ausfish ...... wow they're so busy arguing we'll be able to sneak in a few more green zones while there busy fighting each other LOL."

Someone (yes even 1 person) doing something is better than everyone doing nothing at all.

Cheers,
    do you honestly believe pollies listen to one person or a thousand people? Nope..they don't give a rats rectum.

there does come a time when you realise it is better to not even waste the energy cos you know nothing will change.

I just spend my idle hours sending beef and lamb recipes to PEW.

Quote Originally Posted by wags on the water View Post
    It doesn't really matter whether we argue or not - if they want green zones they WILL have them. How naive are you lot? Have you all forgotten how many manhours went in before the election for the fishing sectors? And yet you still think/say that this one bloke is the only person doing something. Are you now going to play along with this new bloke and turn your backs on the guys who put in all the hard yards? Ffs gfy.
    Hopefully not wags, IMHO those guys would all deserve medals for their years of time and effort.
    I can't see the need to mutually exclude one group for the other though'......
    Have to admit I'm truly as cynical of pollies as everyone else, but I won't criticise this new bloke for just having a go just yet.....

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    this will have bugger all effect on rec fishing. As far as I am concerned the pros are on their own.
    My concern Greg is that they will do nothing to deal with the displaced effort from the pro's. Take the live trout fisho's, do you think you will be able to catch a trout on any of the available reefs?.

Likewise I'm not concerned about the pro's.

Quote Originally Posted by wags on the water View Post
    Wags, I don't think anyone is saying that we have a new messiah or anything like that! Certainly, I didn't mean to imply that nothing else has been done by others or that Daniel Stanilovic is the only person doing something about this issue. Shit, I didn't even say that what he's doing is of any use .... but, he is doing something (one thing more than me atm).

Anyway, here's a little gift for you;

Stock-Photo-of-vowel-keys-from-keyboard.jpg

Cheers,

Ohh ..... and Pinhead. Mate, I'm always on the lookout for new recipies if you want to CC me!
    Jim

In Victoria on the 24th July 2010, this report was released.

http://vnpa.org.au/page/publications...ine-protection

Shortly after that there was a push by the VNPA and a few other groups lobbing the government for the implementation of these 20 new marine parks in Victoria, the voice of the angling community hot of the Mako ban issue was huge, the VNPA report was dissected , not only achieving that both sides of politics ruled out introducing these 20 new marine parks, but resulted in the Auditor general looking into the management of Victoria’s existing marine parks, and the Victorian Environment Assessment Council now holding an investigation into the outcome and establishment of Victoria’s existing marine parks. (Which by the way, the submissions for the first process close on Monday 25th June)

I am not new, the blog is just a new format to help get the information out.

Last federal election
    A pic of one of the boats out front of a polling booth (not mine, cant find a pic of mine)

baotatbooth.jpg

Last Victorian state election
    My daughter

WeFish facebook page
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/WE-FISH/133004716742041
    started July 2010

I think it’s important to understand that the government is doing this because it’s being pressured by PEW through our environmental NGOs, they are organised extremely well-funded and have promoted their people into positions of power and influence, and we are miles behind. They have a unified voice even if they sometimes don’t agree with something they support it fully regardless, if someone doesn’t like me or has a problem with me that’s fine, it’s not about me.

To answer the question on how these new protected areas will affect us, and this is my opinion, to be honest they probably will not affect the great deal of anglers and the current proposal is better than the original draft, it’s a federal issue so all these parks are in federal waters 3 nautical miles out. But just because it only affects the majority of anglers, does this mean we let it slide.

Some things to note on almost every government and environmental NGO media release they say that it will not affect anglers as they don’t go there, they say it’s a measure for the future as the see an increase in angling pressure in the future. So what is it exactly that they have achieved to protect these areas? Other than to lock us out of an area that more of us might want to fish in the future, because it’s easier now then it will be in the years to come.

The next issue you will hear about if you havent already is catch share quotas, they have already tried to rush it through in Victoria with a 2 week submission period after the release of the 44 page proposal, we made some noise and we got an extension of a few months and now it’s in review, this is on the cards as a federal issue as well, I will post up the information on the blog sometime this week. If this goes through in its current form, where they put a dollar value on the recreational share of the quota then start expecting to see all sort of changes, from closed, seasons shortened seasons, licence to fish for individual species as well as possibly competing with some of these NGOs on an open market for the right to fish.

Page 5 of The Australian today

181440_3358230923603_518745142_n.jpg

Sorry just realised it’s too small to read here is the link to a bigger image

http://wefishaustralia.blogspot.com....-22062012.html

Thumbs up Re: We Fish Blog - if you want to know how we are being screwed, and want to fight

we fish.jpg

nice spread of supporters