Thread: Iluka June Long Weekend

Iluka June Long Weekend

Iluka Long Weekend

Malaby, and I and 5 other hardy souls headed south to Iluka for the June long weekend. On arrival we quickly unpacked the cars and arranged our licenses.
    We fished the late arvo early evening the first night at a local jetty and cleaned up on bream and flathead using un-weighted pillies.
    The next day we had 2 boats on the water fishing the rock walls and other structure and the boys came home with 2 good jewies and plenty more bream and a couple of flathead. A couple of the more “experienced” (read old) guys decided to fish from the shore again and they came home with a feed of bream.
    That was about all she wrote for the fishing as the rain started Saturday night and kept up all day Sunday with the odd break but solid all night Sunday night and Monday morning until we were packed and ready to leave. All in all a good weekend that not even the rain could mar.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Iluka June Long Weekend

you did better than I did on the Sunny Coast. Didn't even bother getting the gear out it was that wet and windy. Nice bream, I remember watching a show about a fishing comp they held at Yamba in the late 70s early 80s and this reminds me of some of the horse bream that got weighed in.

You's got some very nice fish there. Well done.
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

I think you did better than a lot of the Happy Campers at Ballina.
    Most of them were washed out by all the rain by the end of the weekend.
    Cheers.

We rented a house down there with 7 guys it worked out a little under $90 each. Comfy and warm