Thread: Possible Rainbow Trip

Possible Rainbow Trip

Have just purchased minn kota bow mount for the dory and updated to my first gps unit so it looks like a short boys only fishing trip is onthe cards in the next few weeks. Thinking about heading up to rainbow and camping for a few nights. Have been before to fraser but with family so this will be the first fishing only trip...

Looking to camp on the mainland and keep things cheap, am wanting somewhere that has or is near to a boat ramp so any recommendations for accomodation would be great. Am going the week after school holidays so should be sweet.

Also have never been boating in and around fraser/mainland and now that I have a gps would love any help on possible fishing grounds for chasing reefies, tailor etc.......that is of course if you are comfortable with sharing

Re: Possible Rainbow Trip

We go a couple of times a year up to Rainbow. We always camp at Carlo Pt, the first road on the left as you come into Rainbow. Rainbow Waters I think the camping ground is called.

They have cabins and tent places, and the boat ramp is right next door. Bit of a tricky channel to get out into the passage proper, but ok.

Cheers

ML
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

If u camp down at inskip , there is a boat ramp down that way and always good chance of launching of beach on still side.
    The Carlo pt caravan park has a boat ramp and this takes u straight up through esterary system to tin can.
    Launching from Carlo point ramp will prob take about 20 mins to get up to waters south of Fraser.
    The cabins at rainbow beach caravan park are excellent.

mersey - the cabins Seahorse mentions are very good. Also inskip point is great and would be my choice,, we usually camp at the Sarawak grounds. close to good surf fishing and you have the chance of catching yourself a GT, Tailor or mackerel straight off the beach behind the inskip campgrounds if you have the patience.
    the electric will be handy for you to chase flatties around the bullokc point ramp area and the flats behind inskip.

p.s -wherever you fish there, bring plenty of tackle,,,, you will lose it without even feeling it

Dean