Thread: could you use braid on a downrigger

could you use braid on a downrigger

Hi i want to fish deeper with my down rigger, just wondering if you could add a heavy duty braid to the wire, if not where could i get some wire to suit? thanks

Re: could you use braid on a downrigger

Yeah u can down rigger shop sells his with braid. Remove all the wire and respool with 150lb braid..

I use something like whats in the link, its braid but not as high quality as fishing line braid and hence cheaper, 400 foot for 40 odd buck from memory, mines 200 pound. Also a bees dick thicker than braided line so easier on the hands when lifting bombs etc over the side. WAY better than wire cable IMO. There a few different options available on the US sites. Never really looked out here.

SCott

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Boati...3Bcat104304780

I picked up 300meters of Power Pro braid and loaded up my cannon downrigger and immediately noticed zero humming from the cable vibration and a little less blow back but on the down side if you are like me and like to get a little close to structure or boat moorings I can be a little to easy to loose the occasional bomb when getting hung up.

I bought 200 lb braid on USA Fleebay cheap as chips.

Works great on my downy

John
    "let not he boast who puts his armor on, as he who takes it off"